In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Federalizing All Gun Laws

MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
The government will not come in the middle of the night to take your firearms. They will regulate it to death.

Using the Commerce Clause of the Constitution (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3) The federal government federalizes all gun laws. Federal law superseding state law, takes precedence. As an example, detachable magazine maximum size of 10 rounds becomes federal law or a Federal Firearms ID is required. Essentially turn all of the United States into California. Disobeying the law now becomes a federal crime. Remember, they are hiring 16,000 more IRS agents to police ObamaCare.

Just as the IRS enforces voluntary tax compliance through fear and intimidation, wide ranging federal gun laws will also be complied with by a broad range of the public. That first federal raid in a community on a house containing contraband such as magazines or ammunition will have the desired chilling effect and the voluntary disarming of the fearful and weak.

Think it can't happen in say Arizona or Idaho? Think again. Witness the ramming of the federalization of 1/6 of our economy with Obamacare and the subsequent hiring of those 16,000 IRS Agents. Witness the immigration mess, states are trying to protect themselves while the Federal government undercuts them and further weakens the border.

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would be a blessing to NY and California.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot
    The government will not come in the middle of the night to take your firearms. They will regulate it to death.

Using the Commerce Clause of the Constitution (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3) The federal government federalizes all gun laws. Federal law superseding state law, takes precedence. As an example, detachable magazine maximum size of 10 rounds becomes federal law or a Federal Firearms ID is required. Essentially turn all of the United States into California. Disobeying the law now becomes a federal crime. Remember, they are hiring 16,000 more IRS agents to police ObamaCare.

Just as the IRS enforces voluntary tax compliance through fear and intimidation, wide ranging federal gun laws will also be complied with by a broad range of the public. That first federal raid in a community on a house containing contraband such as magazines or ammunition will have the desired chilling effect...

Thing is, not everyone will roll over and play dead.

Oh, the majority will, but there will be those few who take a stand. Once a few take that stand, I can assure you that more will do the same, and the 'chilling effect' will be on them when they face citizens who refuse to espouse the 'compliance' mindset.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot

Just as the IRS enforces voluntary tax compliance through fear and intimidation, wide ranging federal gun laws will also be complied with by a broad range of the public. That first federal raid in a community on a house containing contraband such as magazines or ammunition will have the desired chilling effect...

Thing is, not everyone will roll over and play dead.

Oh, the majority will, but there will be those few who take a stand. Once a few take that stand, I can assure you that more will do the same, and the 'chilling effect' will be on them when they face citizens who refuse to espouse the 'compliance' mindset.

Shane the only people that will take a stand in this scenerio are the lone wolf types. People just won't get hyped up to do anything. A recent example are the Hutaree. Hell, people that called themselves "fellow patriots" and "brothers" rolled over on there own. Be it from fear of retribution or they were just fed lovers, who knows. Point being, there was NO ruckus about this "group" being unjustly jailed and captured. Even now, when info is surfacing that the fuds MADE UP false eveidence, where is the outcry and call to action?

Same for the Brown's. Same for the Weavers. Same for the people of the Waco compound. We tell ourselves "we ain't gonna let it happen again", and we do.

As long as the Fuds keep onesy twosy chipping us down, we will NOT raise a hand.
  • Options
    zacklazackla Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If someone will just start the fight here in ca. they will be a lot of people that will fight to the death to keep there guns
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The FCC is moving to regulate the internet as a Utility. This means, as in China, censorship and control of the flow of informmation. As long as you have this board and others like it, there will be a flow of information and encouragement. Close it down or limit speech by censorship of key words and each community is essentially on its own.The individual is isolated. I am not paranoid (though paranoids DO have enemies) just practical. An over-reaching progressive led federal government will seek to bring all power to itself and step on those who get in the way.

We must work within our communities, counties and states to know as the founders did. Who are the Tories or Royalists and who are the patriots?

We are too dependent on electronics and not on face to face communication. We often know someone across the country better than we know our own neighbor. Who in your community, which neighbor is like minded and loves liberty and our country... Who is brave? Who is weak? Who has integrity and faith, who are the cheats and liars
    I hope that we wake up to the slowly spreading cancer of federal take-over. I pray that our children will see clearly that their fathers and mothers were and are men and women of courage as we seek to defend our constitution and preserve our God given freedoms.
  • Options
    fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zackla
    If someone will just start the fight here in ca. they will be a lot of people that will fight to the death to keep there guns

Hate to break the news to you zackla but ca. is already on the other side. I haven't met one gun owner selling a gun in ca. that isn't parnoid about having paper to prove they no longer have the weapon. There has been no great "public" outcry about what ca. has done to people's rights .. so what would you say would inspire a change now?

[V]
  • Options
    cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless they make a mistake and change tactics, it will be gradualism and incrementalism. If so, that will take a long time. I don't believe that we have a long time.[:(!]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think coop is right. It will take time buy happen slowly...
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    Unless they make a mistake and change tactics, it will be gradualism and incrementalism. If so, that will take a long time. I don't believe that we have a long time.[:(!]
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Shane the only people that will take a stand in this scenerio are the lone wolf types. People just won't get hyped up to do anything. A recent example are the Hutaree. Hell, people that called themselves "fellow patriots" and "brothers" rolled over on there own. Be it from fear of retribution or they were just fed lovers, who knows. Point being, there was NO ruckus about this "group" being unjustly jailed and captured. Even now, when info is surfacing that the fuds MADE UP false eveidence, where is the outcry and call to action?

Same for the Brown's. Same for the Weavers. Same for the people of the Waco compound. We tell ourselves "we ain't gonna let it happen again", and we do.

As long as the Fuds keep onesy twosy chipping us down, we will NOT raise a hand.

Take the children and yourself
    And hide out in the cellar
    By now the fighting will be close at hand
    Don't believe the church and state
    And everything they tell you
    Believe in me, I'm with the high command

Can you hear me, can you hear me running?
    Can you hear me running, can you hear me calling you?

There's a gun and ammunition
    Just inside the doorway
    Use it only in emergency
    Better you should pray to God
    The Father and the Spirit
    Will guide you and protect from up here

Swear allegiance to the flag
    Whatever flag they offer
    Never hint at what you really feel
    Teach the children quietly
    For some day sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still

Can you hear me running (can you hear me calling you?)
    (Can you hear me) hear me calling you?
    (Can you hear me running) hear me running babe?
    (Can you hear me running) hear me running?
    Calling you,calling you
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Just inside the doorway
    Use it only in emergency

Whatever flag they offer

Calling you,calling you

Yes, but if we keep standing still, they will be left with rocks and sticks to fight against FA's and tanks.

Those in power know what they are doing. They know their enemy (us) well. Like I said, so long as they keep the process relatively slow, they know there will be no fight.

While America is somewhat awakened, they still slumber to their death of liberty.

Attacks on the citizenry have been allowed more than once. Erosion of our liberties are also assualted and apathy has ruled.

I am not defeated, I am seeing the world with open eyes.
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf

Just inside the doorway
    Use it only in emergency

Whatever flag they offer

Calling you,calling you

Good song, but sadly true;
    all the talk is just talk now and its usefulness has long since ended and what is really needed is action for now is the time to be prepared because tomorrow will be too late, as our adversaries including some amongst us number many and approach from all directions and war is nigh...