In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Students on campus.......with GUNS

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
Oh MY....[:0]

RMGO Lawsuit against gun ban wins -- CSU backs down

(Fort Collins, 5/05/2010) Today the CSU Board of Governor's voted to rescind their illegal ban on concealed carry on campus.

"They didn't have a legal leg to stand on," said Dudley Brown, Executive Director of Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (RMGO). "We told them in January, in no uncertain terms, that state law did not allow them to create their own gun ban. Unfortunately, it took a lawsuit to force them to back down."

RMGO filed suit against CSU's Board of Governors on April 15th, proving that unelected board had no authority to override existing state law, which explicitly allows permit holders to carry on college campuses. A day later, a Colorado Appeals Court ruled against CU's ban on carrying.

The rest of the story.....

http://www.rmgo.org/csu/

Comments

• Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah buddy, both groups of antigunners slapped down. Thanks to RMGO. More than likely both board members up for retention will be thrown out later this year. Maybe the rest will get the point.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    Good. I love CO. Can't wait to be back there.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great win for student safety
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Awesome! That didn't take long. No "victims" at CSU unless they choose to be. Way to go Dudley, and thanks for the update picken.
  • Options
    7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great work by RMGO! In my state it is illegal by state law to carry on campus even if you have a CCP. [V]
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky
    Good. I love CO. Can't wait to be back there.

You won't like it if you go back!!!![V]
    I left in 99 and have three son's and five grand kids there. I go back often and am sure glad to 'get out'. It is truly californicated!!![xx(]
    CSU is where I went to school in 1966 (Ram it, damnit, Ram it), but it to has went to he double ll in a hand basket.
    I am glad to see some 'common sense' prevailing there now!!![^]
    I testified several time for the 'shall issue' law there. I was only one of TWO LEO's who testified for it. It nearly cost me my job and pension, but it was worth it!!![^]
  • Options
    cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice to hear a story where WE win for a change.
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper

Not only did we win with the big schools, but it lead 14 community colleges in Colorado to drop concealed carry bans and doubled the number of schools nationwide who no longer ban concealed carry. As many as 60,000 college students in Colorado can now at least have the opportunity to protect themselves.

BTW - This was done locally, no NRA that I could see. Guess college students don't donate enough money to warrant NRA assistance.
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper

Not only did we win with the big schools, but it lead 14 community colleges in Colorado to drop concealed carry bans and doubled the number of schools nationwide who no longer ban concealed carry. As many as 60,000 college students in Colorado can now at least have the opportunity to protect themselves.

BTW - This was done locally, no NRA that I could see. Guess college students don't donate enough money to warrant NRA assistance.

Be sure though if thits gets alot of attn NRA wil be right there to lap it up in some way or another[:D]