In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NRA serving itself and not us again(link)

skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
I was looking up info on taking a gun into Voyageurs National Park later this month and I found this tidbit. Seems the NRA was trying to water down our rights for no reason discernible to me besides perhaps political leverage for the future. I'm glad I haven't given them a dime.

http://tinyurl.com/35b7rdw

Edited ONLY to shorten link.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Read the 'sticky' thread at the top of the page, if you haven't already done so.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope I blew right past the sticky. I had only heard part of that info and lacked most of the details. This post is old news.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ski,

The NRA is a frequent topic and some members have done some solid research and posted factual information about what they actually do, rather than what they 'say' that they do.

They are in the 'enemy of liberty' camp and they have been for over 80 years.

There is no 'old news' about the NRA. It is always good to keep their complicity with government in supporting, facilitating and writing gun-control, out there for all to see.[;)]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA like our Gov needs to get back to basics.
    The Constitution and bill of rights.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    I was looking up info on taking a gun into Voyageurs National Park later this month and I found this tidbit. Seems the NRA was trying to water down our rights for no reason discernible to me besides perhaps political leverage for the future. I'm glad I haven't given them a dime.

In red above. Fair enough. But that raises the question "what gun rights organization have you given a dime?" Since you brought it up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

In red above. Fair enough. But that raises the question "what gun rights organization have you given a dime?" Since you brought it up.

So Larry.... Do you have a paid membership to the ACLU?

A yes or no answer will surfice...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No answer Fox?

Didn't think so. [8]
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For all the bad things the NRA has done for our gun rights all thes years, how is that any of us are still able to leagaly own guns in this country. Just curious?
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:how is that any of us are still able to leagaly own guns in this country. Just curious?

The power-mad, insane elites are still yet perfectly aware that a general ban will be met with gunfire...themselves on the receiving end.
    They are also aware that there are not yet enough people like you to carry the day for them.

The DAY they are convinced they can win the war...they will ban weapons of every sort.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    For all the good things the NRA has done for our gun rights all these years, how is it we have machinegun bans, import bans, magazine bans, cc permits, waiting periods, background checks, FFLs, and 4473s? Just curious.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Sorry about the delay in answering your post but I was camping on the canadian border and forgot about this thread when I came back until now. It was research for this camping trip which prompted me to post this thread.

Since I am a relative newcomer to the political endeavors of the NRA I am disappointed to discover yet another organization guilty of deceiving the public. I have had my fill of that behavior and in the last decade I have seen enough to fill my craw for a lifetime.

In answer to your question I have no great history of contributions to organizations to match your years of devoted funding of the NRA. My contributions to gun organizations is limited to the G.O.A. of which I am not a member I only make contributions. I am by nature not a joiner.
    My comment about being glad in not giving the NRA a dime was just that. It feels good to know you are on the right road even if you just started the drive.
    Much of what I do, on this issue and other political concerns , is done on a personal level as is most of my charity work. This also I find gratifying as I know 100% of my efforts go to helping those I have identified as being in need.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:how is that any of us are still able to leagaly own guns in this country. Just curious?

The power-mad, insane elites are still yet perfectly aware that a general ban will be met with gunfire...themselves on the receiving end.
    They are also aware that there are not yet enough people like you to carry the day for them.

The DAY they are convinced they can win the war...they will ban weapons of every sort.

probably the most concise and accurate post ever put out on GB Forums.

that said, some will line up to rip it down, since HB posted it[V].

What's it gonna be boys?
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    PBJ; Thanks.

On a side note...a man is also known by his enemies.

If government people and their psychophants didn't hammer me...I would not be doing my job properly.