In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NRA may endorse Harry Reid??

kerkkerk Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
Are they nuts?

"..NRA on firing line over Harry Reid.."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/39340.html

Comments

• trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Somebody has been smoking some strange stuff,to come up with that nonsense .
    The thought that they could support that azzwipe and defend the 2nd at the same time is laughable .
  • kerkkerk Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "..NRA members were recently treated to a three-page spread in the American Rifleman about a visit to Nevada by Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox to "thank" Reid for the earmark. The article even includes a clich? picture of Reid cutting a ribbon with a gigantic pair of scissors. (Every good porker has his own giant pair of gold earmark scissors.) More here..."

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/07/01/nra-now-leans-toward-endorsing-harry-reid/
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    And that would surprise..WHOM...how ?
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "First, Reid has a fairly favorable lifetime rating from the NRA. And then there's the $61 million for the Clark County Shooting Park, earmarked by Reid, which led Wayne LaPierre, chief executive officer of the National Rifle Association, to call Reid "a true champion" of the Second Amendment at an event commemorating the opening of the 2,900-acre park in April."

I'm sure a certain someone will be along shortly to confirm that Reid really is a "champion" for gun rights.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    How many clear examples, over a period of decades, do the sycophants and NRA zombies need to bring into focus the truth about this Quisling Organization?

Don't answer, nothing will shake the faithful from their adoration and their mistaken belief in the NRA as the 'staunch defender' of the Second Amendment.

Rationalize, justify, twist, waffle, weasel and misstate their action to fit the 'myth' of their support for Amendment II, THAT is what will be seen, as usual.

Watch for fox or another minion to wander in, soon.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    TrFox, GatoGordo, ROSIE, Partisan???
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Again, is there any real surprise about this to anyone?

The NRA has sold out and thrown all the other pro 2nd groups under the bus, backing Harry is ol' Pee Air's way of returning "favors", they have supported, and assisted, in the writing of gun control legislation over the last 70 plus years.

So this kind of knob jobbery should be expected.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    It's about compromise and none of you understand it because you don't live in a real world.
    [xx(]
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky
    It's about compromise and none of you understand it because you don't live in a real world.
    [xx(]

Remember Rock, the NRA is playing a game of "3 dimensional chess" that us simple folk just can't understanding.

To you, it might look like the NRA is kissing Harry Reid's *....but they are actually luring him into a false sense of security.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Politics makes strange bedfellows.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Politics makes strange bedfellows.

Hard to get this strange .[xx(]
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky
    [xx(]

Remember Rock, the NRA is playing a game of "3 dimensional chess" that us simple folk just can't understanding.

To you, it might look like the NRA is kissing Harry Reid's *....but they are actually luring him into a false sense of security.

smrt.jpg

I am not capable enough of "3d chess". [V]
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    When it is a matter of survival I don't have any problem with being sneaky. If the guy in power is willing to accept me as a friend, and if me and mine get better treatment because of that, I will pretend to support that guy in power.

But at the same time I will scheme behind the scene to get that guy in power replaced by a true friend to me and mine.

Or, if the guy in power attempts to act at least a little friendly to me and mine, maybe it would be better to just let him know how much I despise him. Hard choices here. Which way to behave.
    edited November -1
    quote:But at the same time I will scheme behind the scene to get that guy in power replaced by a true friend to me and mine.
    CLASSIC !!!

The utter inability to grasp reality.

This is ABOUT replacing the guy in power...RIGHT HERE...RIGHT NOW.

Instead...you and yours continue to SUPPORT the rotten someofavitch.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by tr fox
    When it is a matter of survival I don't have any problem with being sneaky. If the guy in power is willing to accept me as a friend, and if me and mine get better treatment because of that, I will pretend to support that guy in power.
    But at the same time I will scheme behind the scene to get that guy in power replaced by a true friend to me and mine.

Or, if the guy in power attempts to act at least a little friendly to me and mine, maybe it would be better to just let him know how much I despise him. Hard choices here. Which way to behave.

disgusting.. are we talking about harry or Wayne?

In any event you'll do no such thing.. You do what your told. Thats why you are here most likely.[:)]

when the ILA stabs every gun org, or owner in the back and goes a PR lying spree, it is you who makes 25 posts about how great and necessary it is.

On and on and on you come with your PR lies.

It has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the only reason the NRA has become "powerful" is that they are on the inside slowly selling the second amendment down the tubes alittle every decade for their own profit at the expense of the average citizens safety. They are completely responsible for makeing something as necessary as self defense into a privilege you have to pay their instructers to get.. and without it you either risk getting shot in the streets by thugs or the damn police of all people.

thats insane.. you either have to b a dolt or a good little nazi not to get that fine detail.

all this despite the fact the NRA doesnt even represent even 10 percent of all gun owners in America according to their membership numbers, and less then 10 percent of the people inside the organization actually vote for the leadership.

Who the hell gave them the right to do what they do? Politicians, funny that?[:o)]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    disgusting.. are we talking about harry or Wayne?

Had the same question.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    somebody's mouth is clipped to somebody's rectum in this deal...when my annual membership is up that's it
  • cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The woman running against him is an absolute nut case. I fully understand the NRA not endorsing her.
    edited November -1
    Fine...DON'T endorse her.

Please don't lobby for a sack of snit...either. One would have to have his head run so far up his own neither regions as to be unable to breath...suffering from oxygen starvation, leading to brain damage...to vote for reid....
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    There absolutely no way anybody can defend them for supporting someone like Reid. There is no excuse for it, a true champion of the 2nd Amendment and the US Constitution as a whole, would not be affiliated with such and organization.
  • e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I told Them if They endorse Him that I will not renew My Membership.
    That will show Them!
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e3mrk
    I told Them if They endorse Him that I will not renew My Membership.
    That will show Them!

very smart man !
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    somebody's mouth is clipped to somebody's rectum in this deal...when my annual membership is up that's it

very smart man !
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I dont think you should give up your membership unless you know to a certianty that there is no way for you fellers to effect changes to the board of directors.

If that is the case, then IMHO something needs to be done because the NRA is completely comprimised and shouldnt represent the gun owners of America at all..
  • azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heard earlier on Fox that the NRA pulled its endorsement of Reid.