In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

private security backed by state police (link)

skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
How is this for disgusting. No one in the crowd does anything more than point a camera.
Why are the violators of the Constitution not ever held responsible. Will the trooper be charged with violating his oath? Can private security be sued or can criminal charges be pressed for unlawful restraint. What would be the consequences of standing up to law enforcement acting beyond their authority?

Anyone with law enforcement or legal expertise please weigh in. I want to know what I can do when confronted with abuse of position like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppBZM88mHvQ

Comments

• Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Was the woman who told him to cut the size of the sign down from the fair authority ?
    She said she would have no problem with it if it was smaller ?
    Was it private property ?
    If he was on private property and was asked to move,what rights would security have ?
    May be wrong ,but the guy sure acted like he was wanting an incident .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It was at the Alaska State Fair grounds . I would have to say it was public.
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    I read many of the post to get a little context .
    Seems that it is private property .
    Also seems the protestor has been involved in this stuff before .
    I have no way of knowing .
    But what I do know (IMO) was that the guy got exactly what he wanted .
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be out of context.
    If he was inside the gate he was wrong.

If he was outside the gate he has a case.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My OP was written with the understanding the fairgrounds were public property. This may not be the case. A person from the local newspaper said the land was rented federal land. I do not know how that will affect determination of public/private land questions.

In the event I do witness misuse of authority by military,police, private security or other governmental agencies where some citizen is being harmed, I still need to know if I have any legal right to actively defend them.

Also what level of force would be appropriate when the "offenders" are armed?