In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Not a problem when celebrities do it!

Peter SuciuPeter Suciu Member Posts: 69 ✭✭

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Do you really expect anything different from celebrities?

They are far detached from "normal" people and society.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    They are lucky I wasn't working security at the airport. I wouldn't have known who they were. Still don't
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Com on its easy to forget you have your pistolero in your carry on...
  • StoBtruppenStoBtruppen Member Posts: 278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    Do you really expect anything different from celebrities?
    They are far detached from "normal" people and society.

I agree, the so called 'celebrities', 'stars', yeah whatever, pfft, they are nothing more than over rated charlatan opportunists that are handed everything not to mention the stupid 'reality' shows that promote it, what does that prove except how to be a 'rich' menace to society and a complete liberal turncoat.
    I further protest that the U.S. Military Police and Military Security Forces should not have to protect them and have better things to do than protect the whiny wusses that they are who will just squander away and destroy their life in a few years anyway usually to drugs and alcohol, never once trying to help anyone but themselves except for tax deductions[roll eyes].
  • Peter SuciuPeter Suciu Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've interviewed enough of them over the years too to know that they play smart and powerful people in movies so long that they beleive they are smart and powerful.

What bugs me is that the media plays into it. You'll have political round-table shows with a Middle Eastern expert who has a masters degree, another expert who wrote three books and speaks the language and finally an actor who played the president. Great! It just gives these people more credibility.

Most didn't go to college and many didn't finish high school, but they think they're qualified to talk about these points.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The worship of these celebs is sad. Sports folks like Mike
    Vick and others make role models for todays youths problematic.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Peter Suciu
    I've interviewed enough of them over the years too to know that they play smart and powerful people in movies so long that they beleive they are smart and powerful.

It isn't just an ego the size of Texas, which you are alluding to. Ego is only part of the problem.

It is the lemmings (aka "fans") that also worsen this problem. Even the stupidest among them ("stars") like Lohan, Hilton, Spears, ect., the lemmings keep pumping them up, along with the media.

They can say or do, the stupidest imaginable things, and 10 million fans will tell them how right they are.

So not only do these egomaniacs belive they are right, they have the support of stupid lemmings to boost themsleves with.

So long as the lemmings keep paying to see them, they have relavence.