In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FirearmsTruth.com: More on the Korean M1s

Peter SuciuPeter Suciu Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
I've been following the story of the Korean M1 rifles and I noticed that only FoxNews.com (my former employers from a decade ago) actually picked up on the story. I'm a freelance writer, and I've been covering the story:

http://www.firearmstruth.com/2010/mainstream-media-finally-picks-up-m1-story-brady-campaign-notes-concern

But it is interesting that some parts of the story are still being ignored. I'll continue to report on this story.

And feel free to send us any news tips. We report daily on gun bias in the media.

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has been covered extensively on GNN (Gunbroker News Network)[:)]:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=473284

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=473249

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=470898

Additionally the author of the firearmstruth article is either ignorantly or deliberately downplaying the magazine capacity of the M1 Carbine:

Is the Brady Campaign, or Henigan even remotely serious? The M1 and M1 Carbine rifles do not have "high capacity magazines." The M1 Garand of that era has no removable magazine and holds only eight rounds, while many semi-automatic rifle are already available with removable magazines.

By any standard definition, the 30 round magazine is a 'high capacity magazine'. You can even buy a connector, giving the ability to have 60 rounds at hand.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=188208872

Don't get me wrong, any ban or restriction based upon capacity is, IMO, silly, but misstatement of fact does not further any cause.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The misinformation is amazing. This debacle is wrong these are American rifles they should be brought home. It is jobs for the men and women who work for DCM reconditioning them. It would be revenue for country...
    These guns have value for collectors and Veterans who served in Korea and are being a denied a opportunity to own something they may have served with.
  • Peter SuciuPeter Suciu Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FirearmsTruth did not mean to provide misinformation on this matter. But we were responding to what the Brady Campaign stated about the guns have "high capacity" magazines.

We have edited our response however as you do bring up a good point. This again was just in response to what the Brady Campaign had said - as their reference made it seem that "high capacity" magazines were somehow "exclusive" to these rifles.

Likewise, we have been following this story for much longer than FoxNews.com (my former employer). We were trying to note that the mainstream media has mostly been ignoring this story.

So thank you Don for addressing this.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These weapons will wind up if not in our hands. In the hands of those who will use them against us...
  • tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    These weapons will wind up if not in our hands. In the hands of those who will use them against us...
    Or the melting pot, which makes me want to cry.

Piss on Hilary Clinton and the whole damned Department of State.
  • freedomfighterfreedomfighter Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tallcharlie
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Or the melting pot, which makes me want to cry.

Piss on Hilary Clinton and the whole damned Department of State.

Hey, look at the bright side. They could end up in steel sold to China operating under GATT with US corporations. You could actually buy a crescent wrench that won't open up like a cookie when you lean on it:)

Hmmmm, not very bright on second thought . . . because they'll want to keep that good old steel for their own, newer, higher performance weapons.
  • mwhite95337mwhite95337 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The real sorry thing is that these will never go to the DCM, and then to us. Under the agreement these conties had with us was that at the end of their need these would be returned, most country's did just that, some countries did sell small batches off with the approval of the U. S. Goveerment, I guess Obama just gave them that.
    And if Obama knew just how much these were worth, if you figure each at a bare bones minimum of $500.00 a pop, which levels out because some will be trashed, and some may be real collectibles, 500 X 1,mil, last time my calculater said 500 Million was just dumped into Koreas bank. Damned if we can't count too. I think, they think, were all stupid. Now come November remember these thing and if you don't like it vote the dirty rats out of office.
    MIKE, A PISSED OFF NAVY RETIREE.
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not only is the Government, not going to get the 11% exise tax,about $4,000,000 on firearms. But States will lose out on taxes too.

This should have been a consideration in the Governments discision. Especially went the US is drowning in debt.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron