In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just Got My CCW in California

floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
Due to the extreme disappointment in all the uninvited negative remarks, this is being removed by the author.

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,307 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:What a relief, finally got my CCW here in California
    Yeah, damn I hear ya!
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by floorguy24

Recently, our County Sheriff announced that due to him having to layoff up to 80 Deputys (budget problems)he would be more serious about issueing CCWs to responsible law abiding citizens, especially to those in the Agriculture business.

Sounds like he is a regular champion-o-liberty.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Okay guys, some slack. You have to break them down from the conditioning/propagandizing slowly.

Floorguy, what the guys are pointing out is, you have just received documented "permission" to exercise your right, thus it is officially a "privelege". Understand the difference? And the importance of it?
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on getting your CCW. They are very hard to get in many places. Sounds like some sense is returning to your area.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,307 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Okay guys, some slack. You have to break them down from the conditioning/propagandizing slowly.

Floorguy, what the guys are pointing out is, you have just received documented "permission" to exercise your right, thus it is officially a "privelege". Understand the difference? And the importance of it?

You gotta be kidding.
    Nope, true story.
    edited November -1

You gotta be kidding.

We don't kid.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

You gotta be kidding.
    I am pleased that you are now going to exercise this most fundamental of rights.

I am pleased that you are pleased to be 'granted government permission' to do so.

I am pleased that your county sheriff 'deigned to grant permission' to you, so that you now have the 'government sanction' to exercise what was enumerated as a fundamental natural-right.

I am pleased to see you actually reading the replies to what you seemed to assume was a grand-thing.

I am pleased that you may begin to put into perspective the very fundamental-concept that has been smacked against your face in these replies.

I am pleased to recommend that you web-search the following....'Collectivism vs. Individualism' http://freedomkeys.com/collectivism.htm .

I would be most pleased if you would acquaint yourself with the two diametrically opposing ethics/philosophies/ideologies, how they manifest in society and how and from whom they manifest in government.

I would be greatly pleased if you would then contextualize the ethic of 'collectivism' and its resultant governance (as we have been experiencing for 100+ years) and contrast and evaluate it with the ethic of 'individualism' which was set up and intended by our founding as a nation and also contrast and evaluate it against the founding intent of 'Republicanism' as our method of governance.

I would be pleased if you would apply and pass on that new-found knowledge in a continuing attempt to awaken our ignorant citizenry (as you now are) to the REAL battleground for the future of this Republic and for our individual liberty.

Thank you,

El-Tee
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

You gotta be kidding.
    I am pleased that you are now going to exercise this most fundamental of rights.

I am pleased that you are pleased to be 'granted government permission' to do so.

I am pleased that your county sheriff 'deigned to grant permission' to you, so that you now have the 'government sanction' to exercise what was enumerated as a fundamental natural-right.

I am pleased to see you actually reading the replies to what you seemed to assume was a grand-thing.

I am pleased that you may begin to put into perspective the very fundamental-concept that has been smacked against your face in these replies.

I am pleased to recommend that you web-search the following....'Collectivism vs. Individualism' http://freedomkeys.com/collectivism.htm .

I would be most pleased if you would acquaint yourself with the two diametrically opposing ethics/philosophies/ideologies, how they manifest in society and how and from whom they manifest in government.

I would be greatly pleased if you would then contextualize the ethic of 'collectivism' and its resultant governance (as we have been experiencing for 100+ years) and contrast and evaluate it with the ethic of 'individualism' which was set up and intended by our founding as a nation and also contrast and evaluate it against the founding intent of 'Republicanism' as our method of governance.

I would be pleased if you would apply and pass on that new-found knowledge in a continuing attempt to awaken our ignorant citizenry (as you now are) to the REAL battleground for the future of this Republic and for our individual liberty.

Thank you,

El-Tee

BINGO! As usual.. [:)]

Anyone else notice THIS tidbit?
    quote:especially to those in the Agriculture business

In Ag? WTH is the difference? What am I missing? Are fruit farmers being killed over oranges? Grape farmers being squished for their grapes? Dairy farmers being milked for every dime by armed robbers?

I don't get why Ag is being held up on a pedistal.
    edited November -1
    So do you believe in the Constitution and second amendment?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    So do you believe in the Constitution and second amendment?

Absolutely.

So then IF you belive in what is written, how do you come to grips with infrigements then?

You want a parade in your honor because you excercise a PRIVILAGE?

If you truely belive in the second amendment AS WRITTEN, then you would have a hard time swallowing what you did.

Edit to add:

Can you even recite the second amendment?
    edited November -1
    Unbelievable and greatly disappointing.

The negative responses I'm getting for posting my success in getting a CCW here in far too Liberal California are amazing. Does anyone have any idea how rare and difficult this is out here?

floorguy,

'Rare'? 'Difficult'?

See, that's where you n' me's different;

If I lived in California, I would not waste my time with permits and privileges.

I would simply carry because it is my right to do so, as opposed to letting my safety or that of my family's hinge on the whims of a politician.
    edited November -1
    Unbelievable and greatly disappointing.

The negative responses I'm getting for posting my success in getting a CCW here in far too Liberal California are amazing. Does anyone have any idea how rare and difficult this is out here?

Immediatly I'm stereotyped and questioned!

Apparently I may have made a mistake in thinking this was a Forum that supports the 2nd Amendment? Let alone the Constitution in its entirety?

Did I make a mistake thinking this was the place to express/unite with fellow believers my God given right/s to keep and bear arms in the United States of America?

I see one person trying to question my understanding of the differnce between "rights" and "priveleges" and another trying to instruct me in a sarcastic/patronizing manner.

To all of those with negative response to me personally; Don't ever tell me what to think or talk to me with so much disrespect. Buzz Off.

To those of you with positve responses, Thank You.

Okay, I have to completely retract my first kind statement and remove the gloves. My mistake.

This forum does support the rkba AS WRITTEN/AS INTENDED! Not the NRA style of government granted/regulated privilege that you find so grand!

Yes, this is a place to unite with fellow believers in God given rights. When you disconnect from the Matrix and figure out what a "right" is, come on back.

Guess I should have included my sigline in the first reply. Again, my bad.
    edited November -1

Floorguy, what the guys are pointing out is, you have just received documented "permission" to exercise your right, thus it is officially a "privilege". Understand the difference? And the importance of it?

You gotta be kidding.

No, YOU gotta be kidding. I gotta be an American. The real kind.