In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Other Side of the Coin

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
This was posted by Staunton Virginia man on another forum and I am sure he is not the only misguided soul out there.
I wonder if "Prohibition" rings any of their bells:

"We need to repeal the Second Amendment"
OCTOBER 29, 2010
Let's just get right to the heart of the issue. All gun dealers in Virginia are "crime gun" dealers. Once a handgun or assault rifle is sold, there is no control as to where that gun ends up. When we reach the point where, when you go into a gun store in Augusta County, you see the clerk behind the counter walking around with an exposed handgun in a shoulder holster for protection from his customers, you know that "we have met the enemy, and he is us."

Until "we the people" demand an end to the production, distribution, sale and ownership of handguns and assault weapons and the repeal of the Second Amendment, we are going to continue to reap the whirlwind of gun violence.
It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll give the guy credit for one thing.....he seems to know what the 2nd Amendment is.

Other folks, they just ignore it.
  • BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know the only thing keeping about a million machinists and tool and die makers in this country from making any gun they want is our restrictive government and risk outway rewards. If criminals can bank roll million dollar drug buys and manufacturing operations, once guns are outlawed the profit in illegally manufactured arms is going to go out the roof. The government could not stop alcohol, can't stop drugs, and won't be able to stop guns from being in the hands of criminals.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly
    You know the only thing keeping about a million machinists and tool and die makers in this country from making any gun they want is our restrictive government and risk outway rewards. If criminals can bank roll million dollar drug buys and manufacturing operations, once guns are outlawed the profit in illegally manufactured arms is going to go out the roof. The government could not stop alcohol, can't stop drugs, and won't be able to stop guns from being in the hands of criminals.

Imagine that.

+1 well said BG
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This author is confused. Folks like him make the 1st amendment questionable.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this feel the love gent needs to fill his wallet & drive slowly around any inner city about evening in his shiny new car with the wife & kids & see how this attitude is returned
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    this feel the love gent needs to fill his wallet & drive slowly around any inner city about evening in his shiny new car with the wife & kids & see how this attitude is returned
    Yep, and with one of those bumper stickers that are around western Washington that proclaims "Wag more bark less"
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What this guy and most of the gun control people do not realize it that if you could make all the guns in the world disapear in an instant, the murder and violent crime rate would remain about the same. Human beings are smart enough to come up with alternative tools to do the job of killing people.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gesshots
    This was posted by Staunton Virginia man on another forum and I am sure he is not the only misguided soul out there.

OCTOBER 29, 2010
    Let's just get right to the heart of the issue. All gun dealers in Virginia are "crime gun" dealers. Once a handgun or assault rifle is sold, there is no control as to where that gun ends up. When we reach the point where, when you go into a gun store in Augusta County, you see the clerk behind the counter walking around with an exposed handgun in a shoulder holster for protection from his customers, you know that "we have met the enemy, and he is us."

Until "we the people" demand an end to the production, distribution, sale and ownership of handguns and assault weapons and the repeal of the Second Amendment, we are going to continue to reap the whirlwind of gun violence.

It is scary that there are such uneducated parasites wandering aimlessly spreading such cow puke !

The guys at my local shop always carry open when working.

Hell - I even carry in my house from time to time. I always carry a side arm up at camp. You never know whats on the other side of the barn or behind a tractor wheel !

No gun violence in my home town....or up at camp !
    I wonder what the problem really is ??????????????
    Abort Cuomo
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1

OCTOBER 29, 2010

This guy can be summed up in one word 'clueless'!!![V]
    Unfortunately there are MANY more progressives out there just like him!!![:(!]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau

OCTOBER 29, 2010

This guy can be summed up in one word 'clueless'!!![V]
    Unfortunately there are MANY more progressives out there just like him!!![:(!]

I must disagree, Jim.

As Mr. Ops pointed out, at least this guy understands that the change he wants will require the amending of the Constitution. I personally do not believe that his goal is desirable or would even be achieved through such a process, but he understands that the 2nd actually states something that cannot be legislated into obscurity.

There are actually very few progressives or even regulation inclined pseudo-conservatives out there like this guy. Most folks, regardless of political leanings are comfortable with adjusting the 2nd Amendment to comfort themselves rather than face the truth (that which you call a fantasy) of what should be the law.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your opinion Don.[;)] I can't believe you actually disagree with me!!![:D] Will wonders never cease???
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    Thanks for your opinion Don.[;)] I can't believe you actually disagree with me!!![:D] Will wonders never cease???

I only disagree with you when you are wrong, Jim.[:)]
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    When some doofus goes that route with me I cut right to the chase: Look bud, I believe my rights to keep and bear arms to defend myself and family was merely our founding fathers codifying our God-given rights to the same. So, if even if they repeal 2A, you aren't getting my guns. So unless you're looking for one helluva shoot out, you're wasting your time.
  • fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny thought ........ the jaw bone of an * was the God given weapon, the firearm was just an improvement.

Funny part is that the jaw bones of *'s are still far more destructive than any thing that followed.

[:D]
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fyrfinder
    Funny thought ........ the jaw bone of an * was the God given weapon, the firearm was just an improvement.

Funny part is that the jaw bones of *'s are still far more destructive than any thing that followed.

+1000 on that one!
  • DFWXDFWX Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Twice having a firearm saved him life from an attempted violent attack. Both were likely attempts at robbery.

What statistics don't show is how many acts of violence and crime are prevented by the mere presence of a firearm.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DFWX
    Twice having a firearm saved him life from an attempted violent attack. Both were likely attempts at robbery.

What statistics don't show is how many acts of violence and crime are prevented by the mere presence of a firearm.

Exactly the point I have been making for MANY years!!!![;)]
    See below!!![:)]
  • Lonewolf77Lonewolf77 Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fyrfinder

I believe the Staunton Va * that originally popped off with the subject at hand wagged his jaw a bit to much; prolly some damn left over hippie who'd rather be out hugging trees n smoking dope than actually doing something productive in life, those types sicken me and strengthen my resolve to keep my guns even further, as Charlton Heston said..." from my cold dead hands"!!!!!!!!!maybe that neophyte idiot should move to Los Angeles to Hollywierd great hangout for those kind grrrrrrrr[:(!][:(!]