In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Paul warn of Constitutional Erosion.

sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/10/05/ron-paul-issues-another-warning-erosion-civil-liberties

"They asked me if it is an impeachable offense. It is," he told an audience at the National Press Club. "I mean just ignoring the 5th amendment and assassinating an American citizen without due process? They won't even tell us what the rules are -- oh, but he is a threat. Can you imagine being put on a list because you're a threat? What's going to happen when they come to the media what if the media becomes a threat? Or a professor becomes a threat, someday that could well happen, this is the way it works it's called incrementalism."

The GOP presidential candidate said he felt "very pleased" about the progress he's made on the campaign trail, revealing to the audience he'd raised over $8 million dollars in the third quarter from 100,000 unique donors, putting him third behind Rick Perry's $17 million and Mitt Romney's estimated $13-15 million.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/10/05/ron-paul-issues-another-warning-erosion-civil-liberties#ixzz1a0UD2lOl

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I mean just ignoring the 5th amendment and assassinating an American citizen without due process? They won't even tell us what the rules are -- oh, but he is a threat."

Two excellent points:

No due process, no established criteria. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

This was a CIA controlled assassination, not a DoD effort, though some DoD assets were apparently used. Supposedly the Justice Department gave permission. OK, one branch of the executive give permission to another branch of the executive to assassinate a person according to rules of engagement that cannot be revealed.

My god, set up a kangaroo court and spend two days presenting a case against al-Awlaki. At least give the pretense of respecting the Constitution.

The U.S. Executive, the CIA, and in many ways, the DoD constitute a rogue force operating outside our borders, outside their mandate and outside bounds of human decency. We are 10 years into this lawlessness. At what point does the U.S. become a 'Rogue Nation'?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,251 ******
    edited November -1
    Seriously, I fit all the criterion (or most) of the domestic terroism watch list put out by Napolitano in 2008- white, male, conservative views, fundamental Christian belief and ethic, gun owner. It has me worried a bit for my own life.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    "I mean just ignoring the 5th amendment and assassinating an American citizen without due process? They won't even tell us what the rules are -- oh, but he is a threat."

Two excellent points:

No due process, no established criteria. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

This was a CIA controlled assassination, not a DoD effort, though some DoD assets were apparently used. Supposedly the Justice Department gave permission. OK, one branch of the executive give permission to another branch of the executive to assassinate a person according to rules of engagement that cannot be revealed.

My god, set up a kangaroo court and spend two days presenting a case against al-Awlaki. At least give the pretense of respecting the Constitution.

The U.S. Executive, the CIA, and in many ways, the DoD constitute a rogue force operating outside our borders, outside their mandate and outside bounds of human decency. We are 10 years into this lawlessness. At what point does the U.S. become a 'Rogue Nation'?

Were all on a list if we support the RTKABA, If we suppoet the Constitution, If we aspire to individualism,if we are vocal and outspoken for the Tea party movement, etc.

I remember in the 80's we used to go to the liberty movement meetings
    and even then there were people taking license plate numbers in the parking lot, we would catch them and invite them in to learn about the Federal reserve and IRS, none took us up on the offer but one, I think he was a convert.

It is my belief that just posting on gunbroker and other sites can get you on a certain lists.

But this election we might have one and possibly two that would adhere to the constitution. real hope and change we need badly.