In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Logic

quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
about .0001 percent of the population in the US is in the business of killing people(not counting government sanctioned folks who kill other folks in the name of jesus and democracy) yet 99.999 percent of people are forced to live under laws that selectively disarm them of certian types of firearms and firearm accesories, while spending houndreds of billions in eforcement in the average decade. This seems like an illogical aplication of the law and resources not to mention the mandated absence of a multi-houndbred million dollar industry that would cater to the needs of the folks should those certain types of guns and accessories be legal.

I guess about the most common retort to the legalization of restricted firearms is the .0001 percent of the violently insane is less likely to get its hands on the evil acessories and guns if they arent flooding the market place.

The obvious counter logic to that would be if the resources and man power used to enforce the laws on the 99.999 percent of sane people was spent finding and removeing form society the .0001 percent of violently insane people for treatment or confinement there would be no need to curtail the market, or the freedoms of the majority of sane people.

Seems to me that insane people are the only ones that go on shooting sprees or want to hurt people, the other 99.999 percent of people just want to live, have fun, eat high calorie food and all that rot. Seems like it should be fairly simple to find the fruits and nuts if the money was used to find them instead of enforceing laws for the insane on the sane.

I think it is insane to make sane people abide laws meant to keep the insane from acting insane. The waste of resources and lack of results alone proves my point.

Heck the ATF has to give guns away to the crazies in order to have something to do with there time..[:D]

Comments