In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Concealed Carry Thought...

floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why is it we need a concealed carry permit in some states?

Maybe it's just me, but this seems to be the only amendment we seem to "need" a permit for.

We don't seem to need any permits for any other amendments/rights/freedoms/liberties in our Constitution...do we???

So simple, yet so wrong.

Comments

• Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by floorguy24
    Why is it we need a concealed carry permit in some states?

Maybe it's just me, but this seems to be the only amendment we seem to "need" a permit for.

We don't seem to need any permits for any other amendments/rights/freedoms/liberties in our Constitution...do we???

So simple, yet so wrong.

AMEN! I don't think there is anyone on this site who would disagree with you on this one!
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by floorguy24

There's been some "creep" on other fronts as well.

"Free Speech Zones" are increasing being set up during large political gatherings (i.e. party conventions)
  • e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem is Liberals and Democraps.
    Both want to run Our Lives.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Why? Because the world is as it is, not as we might wish it to be.

I agree that 2A should be the end all and be all, but I have to work within the established system.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Why?

Because America has turned from the Constitution and from liberty. That is the world as it is.

Amendment II is crystal clear and is an absolute prohibition on government infringement of a citizen's right to keep and bear arms and therefore, I have to work against the established system, rather than with it, in an effort to get it back to where it is mandated to be.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Why?

Because America has turned from the Constitution and from liberty. That is the world as it is.

Amendment II is crystal clear and is an absolute prohibition on a citizen's right to keep and bear arms and therefore, I have to work against the established system, rather than with it, in an effort to get it back to where it is mandated to be.

Agreed Jeff. But is common knowledge that to get anything changed in a peaceful manner we must work from within the system, not from outside!
    If that fails we then MUST work from out side the system, but that requires the use of violence to remove those who are with in the system.!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    Why?

Amendment II is crystal clear and is an absolute prohibition on a citizen's right to keep and bear arms and therefore, I have to work against the established system, rather than with it, in an effort to get it back to where it is mandated to be.

Agreed Jeff. But is common knowledge that to get anything changed in a peaceful manner we must work from within the system, not from outside!
    If that fails we then MUST work from out side the system, but that requires the use of violence to remove those who are with in the system.!!!

I am working against the unconstitutional system from within.

I will be working diligently against the system from the outside shortly, when I retire.[:)]
    edited November -1
    Why?

I will be working diligently against the system from the outside shortly, when I retire.[:)]
    Well don't do what I did and go back to work after you retire!! I must say I am doing the same thing here (working with in the system). The Sheriff is of the same mind as I which helps A LOT![;)]
    How long before you retire?
    edited November -1
    Why?

Well don't do what I did and go back to work after you retire!! I must say I am doing the same thing here (working with in the system). The Sheriff is of the same mind as I which helps A LOT![;)]
    Tentatively planning on July 4th 2012, Independence Day.

That seems, somehow, appropriate.[:)]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

[;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    Why?

Yes it does!!![8D] I will keep that in mind and as the 4th nears I will be thinking of you![:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Yes it does!!![8D] I will keep that in mind and as the 4th nears I will be thinking of you![:)]Thanks, Jim. I appreciate that.[:)]

I am proud of my career, but policing has turned/is turning into something that I don't want to be involved with any longer. I need to be free of it.

Can't wait.
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Yes it does!!![8D] I will keep that in mind and as the 4th nears I will be thinking of you![:)]Thanks, Jim. I appreciate that.[:)]

I am proud of my career, but policing has turned/is turning into something that I don't want to be involved with any longer. I need to be free of it.

Can't wait.

It is a shame we don't have more men like you in Law Enforcment (too bad PEACE OFFICERS such as yourself and my step-dad are so few and far between) but I cannot fault you for wishing to distance yourself from what policing has transmogrified into over the last decade or so. Here's wishing you a happy retirement sir!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rkba4ever

Can't wait.

It is a shame we don't have more men like you in Law Enforcment (too bad PEACE OFFICERS such as yourself and my step-dad are so few and far between) but I cannot fault you for wishing to distance yourself from what policing has transmogrified into over the last decade or so. Here's wishing you a happy retirement sir!!
    Thank you for the sentiment, Scott. It means a lot coming from you.
    edited November -1
    I think I speak for Jeff when I say we (those of us who believe we are citizens first and cops second) are harder to find, but there are still some out there. And WE have tried our best to teach this doctrine to as many of the 'younger' people who decide to enter LE as we can, but it is an up hill battle.
    edited November -1
    I think I speak for Jeff when I say we (those of us who believe we are citizens first and cops second) are harder to find, but there are still some out there. And WE have tried our best to teach this doctrine to as many of the 'younger' people who decide to enter LE as we can, but it is an up hill battle.
    You are correct, Jim.

I dare say that we have both had SOME success, albeit limited, but we are simply outdone by the tide of the still-developing militaristic/LEO drone trend in policing.
  • pitbud5pitbud5 Member Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vermont/Alaska=no permit
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pitbud5
    Vermont/Alaska=no permit

correct.
    And Alaska had a law prohibiting CC until they passed the 'shall issue' state law (which MANY here bad mouth), they then progressed to the 'right to carry' doctrine.
    The point is the 'shall issue law' was progress in the right direction. Those who try and fight it on constitutional grounds are as much an enemy to the RTKABA's as the progressives!!![V]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    because it's much easier to control the actions of other in regard to their other rights, if they are disarmed.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    because it's much easier to control the actions of other in regard to their other rights, if they are disarmed.
    That doctrine is the basis for all the 'no guns' legislation from day one. It had NOTHING to do with public safety, but that was the 'excuse' used to try and justify it by those who wanted to control us![:(!]