In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Serious Question

reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
What has the Obama administration done/passed to curtail gun/ammo rights since he was elected...not States...the federal Government?...I still have my guns and ammo...still reload and no one has come knocking on my door to ask much less take any of it...this is a GENERAL question...if ya know what I mean MODS

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I was ready this morning that he has done nothing with any gun or gun rights issues. This was in an article relating Mitt to his anti- gun agenda... Where he stated "I am not in line with the NRA" Then jumped on board with them.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Waiting for his second term.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Romney has him beat...and he posses a greater threat than Obama
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

yep
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Good call.
    Nothing... as in Not a Thing.

Even the most conservative among us would have to admit that Holder's actions advanced the goal of gun ownership for all.[}:)]
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Romney can't win without the NRA,and if he turns tail,he wouldn't be reelected...I don't trust any politician with my guns....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Romney can't win without the NRA,and if he turns tail,he wouldn't be reelected...I don't trust any politician with my guns....
    See red above...they dont have them.. you do
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    finding gun runners was not the objective of f&f, everyone forgets the campaign of "we need tougher gun control because 2,000 guns a day are getting across to the Mexican border"

then when it got busted out, they changed the entire story, media bought it, and so did gun owners

not much exist on the web from 2009 on the subject anymore, but i remember it well, 2,000 guns a day, with machine and grenades he said

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/holder-tells-senate-committee-justice-department-supports-more-gun-control
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    quote:Serious Question
    What possessed you to ask it here.?!?!?
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    See red above...they dont have them.. you do
    They will have them if you trust them....I don't trust anyone who has a mouth piece that tells him what to say(teleprompter)
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What has the Obama administration done/passed to curtail gun/ammo rights since he was elected...not States...the federal Government?...I still have my guns and ammo...still reload and no one has come knocking on my door to ask much less take any of it...this is a GENERAL question...if ya know what I mean MODS

Ok, for one thing, he's appointed an attorney general who believes we should be "brainwashed" into not wanting guns!

Obama himself said ""I just want you to know that we are working on [gun control]. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

He attempted to eliminate target practice on public ground. But it was defeated immediately.

Fast and Furious was designed to highlight the "dangers" of guns. What a fiasco.

His administration has passed the ban on import of many "historic" firearms, including those Korean M-1s.

Both his Supreme Court appointees are anti-gun.

Obama made a statement in an interview with John Lott in the 1990s, stating: "I don't believe that people should be able to own guns."

And he said himself that after the election he'll have more flexibility...the brakes will be off. If he gets another term, he'll get another 1-2 supreme court justices appointed. That will swing the court solidly liberal. Goodbye guns.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    finding gun runners was not the objective of f&f, everyone forgets the campaign of "we need tougher gun control because 2,000 guns a day are getting across to the Mexican border"

then when it got busted out, they changed the entire story, media bought it, and so did gun owners

not much exist on the web from 2009 on the subject anymore, but i remember it well, 2,000 guns a day, with machine and grenades he said

Exactly- The issue has not been forgotten about, The media is sweeping it under the rug.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HappyNanoq
    quote:Serious Question
    What possessed you to ask it here.?!?!?

Yea I know "silly me"[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat

Ok, for one thing, he's appointed an attorney general who believes we should be "brainwashed" into not wanting guns!

Obama himself said ""I just want you to know that we are working on [gun control]. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

He attempted to eliminate target practice on public ground. But it was defeated immediately.

Fast and Furious was designed to highlight the "dangers" of guns. What a fiasco.

His administration has passed the ban on import of many "historic" firearms, including those Korean M-1s.

Both his Supreme Court appointees are anti-gun.

Obama made a statement in an interview with John Lott in the 1990s, stating: "I don't believe that people should be able to own guns."

And he said himself that after the election he'll have more flexibility...the brakes will be off. If he gets another term, he'll get another 1-2 supreme court justices appointed. That will swing the court solidly liberal. Goodbye guns.

Need links my man..thanks...see red above one more time
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Change will come via the Supreme Court and Obama's appointments have been anti-gunners. If re-elected, his future appointments will also be anti-gunners. We only won District of Columbia v. Heller by one vote; 5 - 4...

Unfortunately, Romney's record on the 2nd Amendment is no better than his Leftist opponent.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    First off Congress passes laws the president merely signs them.. So far both Reagan and Bush 41 have Obama beat on the signing part.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie
    First off Congress passes laws the president merely signs them.. So far both Regan and Bush 41 have Obama beat on the signing part.
    We have a WINNER...this post can be locked or poofed now..well done
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First off Congress passes laws the president merely signs them.. So far both Regan and Bush 41 have Obama beat on the signing part.

Winner? Who is Regan?
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eric holder still walks free.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing

Winner? Who is Regan?

Surely you can figure out even with the omission of the letter A the fellow that signed GCA 1986.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing

Winner? Who is Regan?
    He's the guy that touches you at night[:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    Eric holder still walks free.

So did Oly North they even gave him a TV show on fox.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    obama,holder and the 43 czars have to go if we have any chance left to save this country
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    obama,holder and the 43 czars have to go if we have any chance left to save this country
    Not what this thread is about
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Romneys silence on f&f says volumes.
  • bigboy12bigboy12 Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

EXACTLY!
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    he smartly realized that scrweing with up would cost hima second term for sure so he waited(or is waiting).

if he gets reelected, we're in trouble. if he doesnt, we're not out fo the woods. he can do a lot with executive orders and a potentially sympathetic congress/senate in the time between nov 7 and jan 20.
    edited November -1
    He will certainly go after more Supreme court appointments, and potentially fuel it with his "over-reach" comments on the current justices. In their "unelected" positions.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75
    He will certainly go after more Supreme court appointments, and potentially fuel it with his "over-reach" comments on the current justices. In their "unelected" positions.

its anybodys guess as to when there will be another opening. breyer, ginsburg, scalia and kennedy are all getting up there, but they could carry on for years or retire tomorrow.

the rest of them are pretty young as justices go and, barring unforseen transgressions are likely going to be sitting for much longer than obama will have any power over.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75

its anybodys guess as to when there will be another opening. breyer, ginsburg, scalia and kennedy are all getting up there, but they could carry on for years or retire tomorrow.

agreed.

the rest of them are pretty young as justices go and, barring unforseen transgressions are likely going to be sitting for much longer than obama will have any power over.

agreed.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Honestly....I think he is going to go after everything he can. I think F&F was a big failure that he hoped to use as ammo to reinstate and import & Export ban.
    edited November -1
    its my humble opinion that if he goes after guns, he's going to go big or go home.

an AWB without a sunset and more restrictive terms would be a solid opener. from there, its anyones guess. national concealed carry could evaporate like dust in the wind. he could go after leosa, but im not sure how likely that would be. its really just speculation, but he harped on gun control enough when he was campaigning that i cant see him being happy with a feel good piece of legislation. if he goes, he's going for the throat.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama and crew, with the exception of Fast & Furious and a few stupid comments by his henchmen, have done an excellent job of keeping plans/actions to disarm American citizen away from the light of day.

quote:On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-gun-control-under-radar#ixzz1rz3QqLvL

quote:President Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Shows No Sign of Stopping

By John Lott

Published December 28, 2011

FoxNews.com

President Obama keeps pushing for gun control. "I just want you to know that we are working on [gun control]. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar," President Obama told Sarah Brady, the former president of the Brady Campaign, this past spring.

His push as been quiet but relentless.

Just this past week Obama signaled that he was going to just ignore two new parts of the 2012 Omnibus Spending bill. Although he signed the spending bill into law, he simultaneously issued a so-called "signing statement," a note that presidents have started attaching to legislation stating how they interpret the law they are signing or whether they believe part of it is unconstitutional.

Obama's statement claimed that Congress couldn't put restrictions on how he wanted to spend to fund lobbying for gun control and the National Institute of Health studies of gun control.

But why should the federal government use taxpayer dollars to pay for lobbying?

Obama has had numerous false starts on gun control. Just in November, his administration moved to ban target practice on public lands, but the opposition was so swift and strong they immediately backtracked.

A couple of weeks ago the Obama administration suffered another embarrassment. It was discovered that the Obama administration oversaw the sale of guns to Mexican drug gangs in its Fast & Furious program to bolster statistics of guns crossing over to the border to these very drug gangs.

This scandal is quite incredible as the Obama administration ordered gun dealers to make sales to Mexican drug gangs against their wishes to help the administration's push for more gun control. And this follows the revelation in July that the Obama administration had pushed federal agents involved in the Fast & Furious scandal to support gun control regulations during their congressional testimony.

It doesn't help that the Obama administration started pushing these sales at the same time they wanted to bolster their case that America was supply illegal guns to Mexico backfired. All this undercut any justification for new regulations and destroyed any support that they might have had.

With 90 congressmen signing a "no confidence" resolution in Attorney General Eric Holder's handling of "Fast & Furious," last week Holder lashed out against his critics. "This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we're both African-American," Holder told the New York Times. Holder seems unwilling to recognize the genuine outrages the administration's gun-control agenda has produced.

Still the administration has successfully manage to push through gun control regulations in many, less visible ways: -- The Obama administration instituted a ban on importing "historic" semi-automatic rifles into the US. -- In sharp contrast to the Bush administration, President Obama strongly supports the UN Arms Trade Treaty even though he knows that any such treaty are unlikely to obtain the two-thirds vote in the Senate needed for ratification. What the regulations will do is lead to severe restrictions on private gun ownership around the world.

The administration instituted new rules on selling "high-powered rifles," defined as a caliber of greater than .22. -- The administration nominated Andrew Traver, someone who supports gun bans, as the head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

Obama has stuck by Traver despite his nomination being stalled in the Senate for a year and the fierce opposition it has generated.

Obama's most lasting impact on gun control is likely to be through the federal court judges he appoints. His most visible appointments have been the gun-control advocates he has made to the Supreme Court.

Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan headed up President Clinton's push for gun control when she worked for his White House during the 1990s. And Justice Sonia Sotomayor has signed on to a Supreme Court opinion stating that there is no individual right to "private self-defense" with guns.

The pro-gun control views of Obama's nominees have played a role the Senate filibustering of two Appeals Court nominees. Caitlin Joan Halligan was particularly controversial when nominated to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit because she opposes an individual's right to self defense and - even more damning -- she was one of the trial lawyers who had sued gun makers. Thus in New York v. Sturm & Ruger, she argued that gun makers should be liable for the criminal acts of third parties but not given any credit for the benefits from self-defense.

If elected to a second term, Obama will end up appointing over half the federal judges. That sure can make a big difference.

Most importantly, the Supreme Court is only one vote away from reversing the 5 to 4 decisions that so narrowly struck down the handgun bans in Chicago and the District of Columbia.

Two of the Justices who voted to strike down the bans, conservative Antonin Scalia and moderate Anthony Kennedy, will be well into their 80s during the next administration.

While a couple of Justices have made it to 90 while serving on the court, remember the rare glimpse into Obama's views during the 2008 campaign when he referred to those "bitter" Americans who "cling to their guns, cling to their religion."

It surely fits his earlier statement: "I don't believe that people should be able to own guns."

Yet, despite all this evidence of an anti-gun agenda, recent articles by the Associated Press and other news media paint Obama as a moderate on guns and as somebody who wants to "protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens" and merely support so-called "gun safety" measures.

Of course, they are wrong. Unfortunately, Obama's patient "under the radar" campaign seems to be working. He is fundamentally changing the courts and leaving them much more hostile to gun ownership. If Americans catch on, this could still be a major issue in the 2012.

John R. Lott, Jr. is a FoxNews.com contributor. He is an economist and author of the third edition of "More Guns, Less Crime" (University of Chicago Press, 2010).

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/28/president-obamas-anti-gun-agenda-shows-no-sign-stopping/#ixzz1rzDMN4rz

Do not be fooled. Obama would take your guns tomorrow if he could figure out a way to. So would Romney.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    reloader44mag,
    Your thread lasted about 12 hours until it was hid away in here. [:0]

But to answer your question, I believe the only firearms related law that "this president" has signed into law, was to allow licensed gun owners to bring firearms into national parks and wildlife refuges as long as state law allows it.

As for "his administration" banning the import of "many historic firearms" Let's not blow it out of proportion, as "some" try to do. It was a one time shot, and only the group of M-1's from Korea. While Bush made a temporary ban on 43 types of firearms from MANY different countries PERMANENT.

Don't get me wrong, I think the person in the white house is the worst we have ever had, and I believe he is anti-2nd amendment. He is only one, followed CLOSELY by a line of VERY BAD ones, ALL intent on destroying this country.

As planned, keeping the American public pitted against each other, working to get this piece of dung in the white-house, while getting this piece of dung out, IS WORKING. MY piece of dung is better than YOUR piece of dung. What a JOKE!!!

And there are those that think Romney is going to save the day??? [V]
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1

LOL; What universe do you live in!!!!![?]
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama's position in support of D.C. in the Heller case, Obamaa's Fast and Furious scandal, his refusal to allow the re-importation of M1 carbines and I believe other similar firearms, and, if he had a Democrat controlled Congress, the anti-2nd Amendment legislation would be coming hot and heavy.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau

The one that Romney sign's, seals, and delivers a AWB... What universe do you live in?
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's okay to have certain politians have guns. After all VP Cheney shot a lawyer.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau

The one that Romney sign's, seals, and delivers a AWB... What universe do you live in?
    I am a realist so I live in the "real" universe. Not some idealistic one most people live in!!!![8D]
    Obama is biding his time and waiting to pounce when the 'crisis' (natural, or man made) comes along so he can act. It is part of the progressive agenda to disarm us (it is a necessity in their mind to do so) but the progressives are 'dumb like a fox'. They know the time is not right to try and go after our RTKABA's but they will ASAP.
    Romney does not see disarmament as a necessity, but he is not as committed to the RTKABA's as I would like, but he is a vast improvement to our current administration.