In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Jersey gun law question

dennis in se padennis in se pa Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Someone I know has an employee who got stopped in NJ for a traffic violation. This person resides in PA. As the story goes somehow the police searched the car, found a loaded handgun, which was registered to the driver, in the trunk. The passenger was found to have prescription drugs on him, but did not have a prescription for them. I am being told the driver is facing 8-12 months in a NJ jail. The driver has a permit to carry in PA. This scares me because I cross state lines with a pistol on occasion. Does this story ring true, or must there be another reason for the jail time, and I am not getting the whole story?

Comments

• Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennis in se pa
    Someone I know has an employee who got stopped in NJ for a traffic violation. This person resides in PA. As the story goes somehow the police searched the car, found a loaded handgun, which was registered to the driver, in the trunk. The passenger was found to have prescription drugs on him, but did not have a prescription for them. I am being told the driver is facing 8-12 months in a NJ jail. The driver has a permit to carry in PA. This scares me because I cross state lines with a pistol on occasion. Does this story ring true, or must there be another reason for the jail time, and I am not getting the whole story?
    STAY AWAY FROM NJ!!![:(!] The possession of EACH hollow point is a separate felony!! They do not care about the Bill of Rights!!![xx(]
    The progressives have totally taken over the state, this includes the current governor!!![V]
    I have two personal friends who left NJ several years ago just because they had not 'gun' right there![V]
    Any police officer who takes enforcement action against the citizens there is in direct violation of the Constitution and their oath! They would not make a pimple on true Police Officers *![:(!]
    I have more than 30 years in LE and do not claim any of them as 'brothers', they are the enemy, plain and simple. That goes for those in ANY LEO in any state who enforce these illegal laws!
  • Options
    dennis in se padennis in se pa Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I am seeing on another forum it is very bad in NJ. A kid makes a mistake and does not remove a handgun from his trunk when crossing the state line, gets stopped for an illegal U-turn, and ends up with 8-12 months in county jail. Now that's just wrong. Where is the NRA? Where is the ACLU?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    Probably true. If you take guns to NJ, don't get stopped by the law or you will likely end up in prison.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain