In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bullet sales to Hawaii

BKfromPABKfromPA Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Can someone point me to a reliable source that can confirm it is legal or not, to ship bullets (for reloading NOT ammunition) to the state of Hawaii?

I have read that they have a law that all bullets need an ID etched on them...

Thank you!
BK

Comments

• 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And I heard that Oswald acted alone, artificial sweetners were safe, and Angelina married for love. [:p]

No such law, and technology does not exist to do what you describe.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never seen etched bullets for reloading, Might be a "factory" requirement for handgun ammo.
  • BKfromPABKfromPA Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe this was not approved...

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2008/Bills/SB2020_.htm

I just want to sell some bullets to a guy that won an auction without breaking any laws....
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. No, not approved.

2. The bill dealt with markings on the cartridge case, not the bullet. Which is what the OP asked about.
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BKfromPA
    Can someone point me to a reliable source that can confirm it is legal or not, to ship bullets (for reloading NOT ammunition) to the state of Hawaii?

I have read that they have a law that all bullets need an ID etched on them...

Thank you!
    BK

Yes bullets can be shipped but go to your local USPS office and confirm. Below is C&P from Hornady ...

I live in Hawaii (or Alaska) and mail cannot be delivered to my physical address. What address should I list?

We use the U.S. Postal Service to deliver the bullets to Hawaiian and Alaskan customers. Therefore, please list your mailing address (P.O. boxes are okay).