In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New gun laws

rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
Please believe me,I don't want to slight anyone
but there are a number of members who are quite
reserved with their posts and people take heed
of their opinions, I would like to hear
from them about my next statement.
"I don't think that this gun scare is anything like
we have ever seen before and I'm quite concerned."
What say you?

Comments

• Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    I believe that what the libs/dems initially wanted/hoped to be an all out assault on 2Amend rights has subsided somewhat and will eventually produce incremental invasion(s) on gun rights, which will vary by state.........for now
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are looking at "death by 1000 cuts".
    If people do not stand firm and call, write or Email their reps we are looking at very bad times.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As you can see by the latest shooting the wrong gun is blamed. Reason: Incremental steps as noted above.

This is how it came out everywhere else in the world there have been gun bans.

First: Who needs an AR/assault weapon (even though semi-auto)...gone! too many people think that owning a black rifle is bad even though they own the weapon most favored for violence. Banning assault rifles will for all intents and purposes also amount to banning machine-guns. The anti's are going for an all out assault on assault rifles because it's the only '*' in our armour in that "who needs one". They feel they have the best crack in our defenses here because not all gun owners feel like we should have them.

Next: High capacity handguns. It will range from the nobody needs one, to look at how many people they kill. Just stick to a revolver, that's the weapon of "true self defense". Not true of course, but that is how they plan it.

After that: All handguns. As "look at how many people are still getting killed". Even if it's only half what it used to be.

Lastly: You don't need any guns. Except in 'some' sporting situations. Everywhere there has been gun control this is how it comes down.

I feel the assault weapons are going to be up for grabs. Too many gun owners would throw them to the wolves. Once they are gone for good, good luck getting them back. There will be a real fight for handguns. Either semi-auto or revolver. But we will get to keep them. Albeit, probably with 'restrictions' as was bargained for by the NRA, in the Washington and Chicago cases.

Hunting rifles are safe for now. However, anything that might be deemed, "snipery" could get tacked onto the assault weapons legislation. Either now or whenever the anti's choose to make another big surge. There could be a ban/restriction on ranging/elevation/windage reading reticles. Power limitations (funny 'cause 4x is the most common power people shot by a sniper encountered). Anything, that could be construed as 'snipery' will get looked at and complained about.

That's where I see it. 'Assault' weapons most at risk, then handguns, then bolt, pump and 'hunting' semi-auto rifles.
  • Options
    peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I beleive all this is or at least some of the hype is put out by the gun and ammunition people just to sell more guns and ammo. I am fairly liberal in my beleives but still own and shoot lots of guns and ammo, I know most will not agree with me but no one needs a so called assalt rifle to hunt with, and will not hurt anyone if they call not buy one or a magazine that holds 30 rounds. Just my opion.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This post, should be moved to the politics, and gun rights forum.

That said, the move made on the 15th of January, by our governer here in NY, was nothing short of communism. It was a political cleansing, if you will, for Andrew Coumo, to establish himself for a 2016, presidential bid. So, you see, the rest of the country, will eventually get him, at this pace.

He is being backed by the puppet master himself, Mr. Bloom-ingidiot-berg(Bloomberg), and his SUPER PAC. If you noticed anything at all of the Newtown, incident, the very first news conferrence from the State Police, said they found the assault rifle in the car, not the school. The majority of the reporters on the scene, were being paid by BLOOMBERG NEWS. So, go figure, what happened from there...even Ray Charles, could see that, and not only is he blind, he is also deceased. It also raises the issue, of the exact amount of casualties in that incident.

Best
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Moved to the Gun Rights Forum.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peddler
    I beleive all this is or at least some of the hype is put out by the gun and ammunition people just to sell more guns and ammo. I am fairly liberal in my beleives but still own and shoot lots of guns and ammo, I know most will not agree with me but no one needs a so called assalt rifle to hunt with, and will not hurt anyone if they call not buy one or a magazine that holds 30 rounds. Just my opion.

Your attitude is exactly how we will eventually lose all gun rights. It's happened in Europe, Australia, almost completely happened in Canada.

And, fwiw, I don't think you need to live in the house you do. Downsize right now! Oh, maybe it's not a question of need. Maybe want.

And, who are you to determine who 'needs' what? I would have certainly appreciated having an AR instead of a bolt action rifle when having to face down four drug dealers intent on not allowing me to testify against members of their group. As it was I was able to keep them at distance and keep the advantage. However, had any of them had any tactical know how what-so-ever, I could very well have been up the proverbial creek. In the wrong situation a bolt gun is no match for four hi-capacity semi-auto pistols. So, don't come on here like an idiot and tell me what we do and don't need. If you get into an all-out fire-fight, through no fault of your own (and it's happened), you'll wish like hell you had an assault rifle.
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wants have nothing to do with my needs and when did gun ownership become about hunting? Jay
  • Options
    torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1

Well Elmer, You sure do show your ignorance. Nobody hunts with an assualt weapon, they use semi not full autos. If DC follows NY it's going to affect your wabbit gun too.
    The second ammendment is not about hunting. It's about my right to own weapons to defend myself.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by torosapo

Well Elmer, You sure do show your ignorance. Nobody hunts with an assualt weapon, they use semi not full autos. If DC follows NY it's going to affect your wabbit gun too.
    The second ammendment is not about hunting. It's about my right to own weapons to defend myself.

Thats not exactly right either...it is to provide "we the people" with the means to discard a nasty, harsh, egotistical, bums, that have became a tyrannical government...just like our forfathers done, to create this nation.

Best
  • Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't own any so called 'assault rifles', but I will defend and support the next man's right to own one.
    You see, the ultimate goal is banning EVERY gun. If we don't unite and fight back, we'll be lucky if you can buy a box of 30-30 to go deer hunting in ten years.