In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It's like this for gun owners in NY

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
Struck up a conversation with a NY gun owner. He was selling an AR only because of the new laws. Name was changed to protect the innocent.

"It's a difficult situation, even for New York I was shocked at how fast this legislation went through all behind closed doors and with a great deal of Republican Support. Having an NRA "A' rating is meaningless as "A" rated Senators voted for it. Kind of like Congressman Dingell back in 1994. New York State Law has in it the so-called "Presumptive evidence clause"; which means if I have an illegal firearm they can arrest my wife , and my daughters even though they have no part of it just because they live in the same house as I do. The State does not have to prove they were involved because the evidence is "presumptive". To think my Father left Poland to get away from this type of government. I shudder to think where this will end, I don't think it can be be fixed with another "election". How I wished I had stayed in South Carolina. Well thank you for your concern".

Jason

I fear we are going to see the same sell out on the national level.

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And I thought we had it bad in Cal. Sounds like its time for a change in legislators.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't believe people are rolling over like a bunch of pussys !

Yellow belly cowards - You are not Patriots or americans.

Grow some balls and read the Constitution !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Carrying a large amount of cash is also supposed to be 'presumptive evidence' that you are going to use it for doing drug deals, and the cash can be confiscated without any other grounds. But Legislators rely on the discretion of LEO's at the scene, and a saving grace is that seasoned Cops, and level-headed green ones, will size up the situation, and they aren't into 'knee-jerk' M.O.'s.

A greater danger, is when legislation removes discretion. That's when Draconianism really rears its head.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When I left CA I considered it a tactical retreat not an act of a yellow belly. You have the pinko politicians ruining the state, judges turning over the will over the will of the voters, your paying for the illegals and they are letting dangerous violent revolutionaries into the state in droves.

I'd rather attack a problem from the outside then be annihilated when surrounded.

If you are so gung ho start shooting.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would I or any other New Yorker commit suicide.

Rallys and marches are in order. We will know just how many gun supporters there are after February. There are two rallys scheduled at the capital on Cuomo's front lawn February 8 and 20.

New Yorkers don't run and hide. If we have a problem, New Yorkers will make people hear about it until those people can't stand hearing about it anymore !

We will then see what's next on the agenda if that don't work.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I don't know why you would expect anyone else to commit suicide if your not willing to LOL