In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Illinois do your part

kdixonkdixon Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
Every state will have the chance to change the balance of power as far as gun control goes. In April Illinois will get the chance to help and they had better! Jackson Jr's seat will be filled then make sure a pro gun person gets elected.

Comments

• slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always do my part but Chicago is the problem. I am in Southern Illinois and most of our guys are fine excep Dick Durbin. He is an idiot who only wants to get re elected by the liberals he caters to.
  • kdixonkdixon Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck, sounds like you're in the same position as those in NY. Don't give up, post fliers at ranges and gun stores so other gun owners know what is on the line! We must all use the system if we are going to win, every chance we get.
  • ClayhillClayhill Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also wish you luck. You'll need it. I used to live there and still have family near Chicago. Illinois has the most corrupt and truly evil politicians of any state in the country. They could make Stalin blush. I got the heck out of Illinois years ago to a state where my vote would count. The only reason you don't have a NY style gun law is that Speaker Madigan (who pretty much runs the state) wants his daughter to become Governor and doesn't want any bad press right now. Even Obama walks lightly around Madigan. And Madigan is taking heat from the downstate Democrats who will be thrown out if a strict new gun law passes. If Madigan is pressured into supporting it, you will have a law that rivals NY & CA.