In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A taste of Illinois: Blagojavic on talk radio

JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
I know I've wrote this before but I wanted everyone to hear this. A couple weeks ago, while driving to work, I hear gov. Blagojavic on a Chicago talk radio station in the morning, taking phone calls from the listeners. He said he'd answer any question they asked and I applaud him (you'll never see Daily or anyone else do this) for that. And I applaud the host for introducing the caller by saying," We have to let this guy through because whenever your name is mentioned in my company, this topic comes up." The caller proceeds to ask," When will the state of IL allow their citizens to protect themselves and pass a concealed carry law?" The gov's response: " I just don't feel that's the direction we need to go right now. Even down in Texas where it's been legal for years, there are businesses with signs on the window that say, leave your guns at the door. I don't believe in it. I feel that it would be a pontentially explosive situation ([:0]) and we'll never pass it as long as I'm the governor. If that's the only issue you're worried about than you'll just have to not vote for me." End of subject. Callers were not given a chance to respond. Kind of makes all you guys want to move here, doesn't it? It's tough to bear living in a state that's so gutless. I've even heard that the gov and others within the state are pushing to ban semi-autos, including shotguns! I'm already wondering why I stay but if it goes that far...I'm outta here. It's funny though with our huge budget deficits, how they don't realize how much revenue could be collected from issuing permits. But then, I guess you've got to think like them...what good would the revenue be if the state were to be plunged into chaos and termoil by allowing....carry permits!!?? [:0].....[:o)]

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess your governor does not pay attention to facts/statistics.
    Less guns = MORE violent crime.
    More concealed guns = LESS crime.

Yup, he has reason to worry about the carnage and blood filled streets, if they were to pass a CC law. Just look what happened to all of the other states that have passes one. There is no one left alive in those states. {end sarcasm}

Australia being one of the most recent countries that banned firearms, is a prime example. The violent crime statistics went up over 100% in the first year alone. Whereas states here in the US that have passed CC laws, have PROVEN that the violent crime rate goes DOWN. I sure with these people would pull their heads out of their nether region.

P.S. I would move too. It is just hard to pick up roots and plant them somewhere else. Until the reason becomes strong enough.

I guess I would follow his advice, when it comes to the next election. Providing that there is a better candidate running against him.

The gene pool needs chlorine.