In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HeHeHe, I've Got You anti-NRA People Now!

2»

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    James R. K.

quote:If it wern't for the NRA, we would have precious little gun rights to be fighting for now.
    some how that statement makes sense..in a twisted way.You HAVE no Gun Rights in America anymore..partly due to an NRA that refused to draw a line....

You can only believe that a gun ban will work if you also believe there are no Americans left in this country.

No Red Blooded American will meekly line up to turn in their guns.
    A whole bunch of pissant weak-kneed "Live here but got no idea of what it takes to be an American" types WILL turn 'em in....and break their necks to inform on their neighbor who didn't...
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Muffinman
    Well 'We the people did fight back" We voted the snakes out in 94! No thanks to the NRA, Just a bunch a pissed off Gun owners and colletors sent them packing!

They got the message after that. Not one politician wants to bring it back-up for a vote, knowing they could be next to hit the road looking for new job!

I believe it WILL be back......after the election of course.....And it will be signed...Otherwise why won't anyone bring it up.......
    They wait...and when the time is right.....and on THEIR side...They WILL strike......Again....and It'll be worse this time..L.H.
  • Options
    GeoMan42GeoMan42 Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Liberal politicians and anti-gun activist have attempted to destroy the NRA for years with no success. Could this be the old divide and conquer approach?

I have many friends that enjoy hunting. Some have remarked they would never support the NRA because of its support for assault weapons. The usual quote is "Why would anybody need an assault weapon". My normal response is have you ever heard of Senator Feinstein (sp?) of California and her ultimate gun plan for the US?
    They assume once handguns and assault weapons are banned, firearms will no longer be an issue with the Feinstein crowd. They have this delusional idea that if that were to happen, people like me will support their efforts to keep their Semi-autos, pumps, and O/U's safe from the gun grabbers. Yea Right!

Since my battery consist of many different types of firearms that cost me a small fortune to procure. The least expensive are my hunting rifles and shotguns valued at approx $3,300 and the others valued in excess of $7,300.

If you fail to support my 2nd Amendment Right and I lose, SO DO YOU!

Geo
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    GeoMan42 I am happy to see you really, really understand the situation. Stick around.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know for sure if that " Divide and conquer" post is directed towards me....BUT...

Let me assure you...I have NO INTEREST in conquering anything.

I despise compromise..and those that wallow in it.There IS NO ROOM FOR "Compromise" in the Constitution....the NRA compromises....

Sir,you may damn me for being politically incorrect..for being blunt...

But you may not damn me for weakening freedoms...
  • Options
    GeoMan42GeoMan42 Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by Highball
    I don't know for sure if that " Divide and conquer" post is directed towards me....BUT...

No, it was not directed towards you.

It was directed to the groups that believe the 2nd Amendment only applies to hunters. Even though I've hunted often in the past I do very little now. I do enjoy taking my handguns and AR's to the local ranges. As a NRA Life Member I support the 2nd Amendment for all Americans. If my 2nd Amendment right should be compromised by any group because of their short sightedness or disbelief that I should have the same right. Why would I care what happens to theirs?

Sure sounds like the old Divide and conquer tactic to me? And it seems to be working.

Geo
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of truth in what GeoMan is saying.

We hear it a lot these days, about the all-powerful juggernaut "gun lobby". You all know what I'm saying, here, right?!?!?

This is one lie I wish was the honest-to-God truth. But are we? Hardly.

There are many kinds of shooters out there, today. Sporting clay shooters, marksman shooters, defensive gun shooters, hunters, collectors, military arms enthusiasts, and civil defense force Militia sympathizers and members throughout this country.

So far, the only ones fighting for all of their rights is the Militia/civil defense force shooters, who acknowledge the right of all people to use guns for all lawful purposes.

(Disclaimer: some people meet several of these types, and there are even some out there that do not, themselves, own firearms of any sort, but believe in gun rights, no differently. This is not meant to be a psychological analysis, either. Merely my life's observations.)

Tubers claim that, as long as they can shoot turkeys, ducks and deer (or whatever else) for the trophy, they don't see a problem with "reasonable" or even Draconian gun kontrol.

Sport shooters may find that using rifles doesn'r usually hit many sporting clays, and since it doesn't, there really is no "need" for rifles, because of their inability to hit a clay pigeon.

Defensive shooters, and handgun owners may find that a rifle is not necessary to defend what a short barrel shotgun or handgun can defend without the liability.

Collectors may have no interest in whatever they don't actually collect, themselves.

Rifle shooters may find that the rest of the gun "rights" platforms are protecting everything except rifles, and feel like flipping them the bird for their lack of vision.

Same is true for military arms enthusiasts, who have been demonized by so many people, including those who should know better, they have cut off their nose to spite their face, and figuring tht, as long as their "allies" are not helping them, why should they help the rest of them. They better save their resources, because they'll need them.

So where is the problem?

Right here, within us. To own a firearm due to need misses the point. As such is true, we (well, some of us) are not seeing the true goal of gun kontrollers.

It is to ban ALL firearms of EVERY TYPE from EVERY PERSON.

That means the hunter's rifle, the trapshooter's shotgun, the enthusiast's rifle, the handgun owner's pistols, and with a bloodlust-like fervor, military styled anything.

We are all in their sights, and yet we do not unite.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunphreak,
    You are soooo right.
    They want COMPLETE control, and they can not completely control an armed populous.

If gun owners would only unite, just think what we could do.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Exactly why some of started screaming about the " Sporting Use " criteria that was becoming prevalant back in the 90's.....Government LOVED that description.....

Some of us said that sporting use plays very little part in the Second Amendment...always we were labeled 'gun fanatic's'...
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey highball:

This was used earlier than the 90's. It began in 1968 with the Gun Kontrol Akt of 1968, written parallel to the 18 MAR 1938 Nazi Weapons Law (you know, the one that led to the death of 13 million Jews, homosexuals, and political dissidents in Occupied Europe during WWII)

It was here that the term "Sporting purposes" was born in this country.

And as far as I'm concerned, Nazi weapon laws are NOT welcome in America, and neither are damned liberals.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."