In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I wasn't really paying attention...

chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
But was there a huge uptick in armed crime in the last couple of weeks? Since the demise of the AWB, which was to result in "our streets becoming awash in AK-47s", shouldn't the statistics reflect this? You'd think the grabbers would be out there, making note of every single 7-11 heist and showing that the crime rate is SOARING! Where are they all? When will new stats come out, proving their case?

"Every child had a pretty good shot,
To get at least as far as their old man got,
But something happened on the way to that place,
They threw an American flag in our face."
-Billy Joel, "Allentown"

Comments

• James R. K.James R. K. Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't have to wait for the statistics. Just look through one of the bullet holes in your front door and see the blood running in the streets. Don't forget to duck.

[:D] Every time I shoot I hit something [:D] Leo Carrillo as "Pancho" in The Cisco Kid TV Series [:)]
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    The gun-grabbers will probably be very, very silent on trying to show statistics proving a non-existant surge in crime caused by the demise of the so-called AWB because there is unlikely to be any change what-so-ever. Or they might try and twist what statistics there are in a dishonest attempt to force their lies on the average, unknowing citizen.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They didn't have solid statistics, before. They used fear tactics, in such a form that Hitler would have been proud.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,347 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I can't even get to the mailbox around here for all the AKs laying in the road . Got 'em piled up like firewood.[:D][:D]

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MT357,
    I have a truck, where are you at? [;)] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got back from South Dakota and the marquee at the motel read, "Have gun? Have dog? Have room!" Thought it was hilarious, and also a bit amazing. Can you imagine over 100 hunters in one motel, some with dogs, some without, but all with guns and NO ONE WAS KILLED OR WOUNDED!!!!!!

Felt sorta warm and fuzzy sitting in the breakfast area sipping coffe and eating a waffle and scratching the ear of the Lab owned by the guy at the next table.

And I have to repeat...NO ONE WAS KILLED OR WOUNDED! [:D][:D]

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • dlonewolflldlonewolfll Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chunkstyle
    But was there a huge uptick in armed crime in the last couple of weeks? Since the demise of the AWB, which was to result in "our streets becoming awash in AK-47s", shouldn't the statistics reflect this? You'd think the grabbers would be out there, making note of every single 7-11 heist and showing that the crime rate is SOARING! Where are they all? When will new stats come out, proving their case?

-Billy Joel, "Allentown"
  • dlonewolflldlonewolfll Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Accidental deaths due to firearms as well as violent deaths with firearms involved are down again and have been going down for years. FBI stats show this but the liberals, as usual, invent their own ntional numbers based on inner-city drive by shootins! GO figure , the liberals not telling the truth or anything resembling the truth! quote:Originally posted by chunkstyle

-Billy Joel, "Allentown"
  • DB CooperDB Cooper Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the places with the most guns in america have the lowest crime. washington dc has banned EVERY gun basically and they have the highest crime rate. go figure.
  • tysonagreentysonagreen Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There seems to be a slight rise in crime in the area around the universtiy I attend, but almost none of it involves guns. I would be very surprised if any of it involved a gun that was banned under the AWB.

Who better to protect the people than the people themselves.