In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ohio assault weapons laws

jstewjstew Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
Does anyone know the actual laws regarding rifles lik s.k.s.?
I called one local Clark Co. dealer and they said no restrictioins on detachable mag size no restriction on folding stock, and no restriction on having a boyonet. Then I was at another dealer trying to buy a 10 round detachable mag and he said you can't use any size detachable mags or have a folder legaly at all.
who's right?
please let me know.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    be very careful until you find out for sure. Might want to go to the "ask the experts" forum here on GB.com.

To my understanding, subject to state laws, which vary widely, there is still a prohibition against folding stocks on the SKS IF it still has all its foreign made parts (like the rigle was manufacturered with in it's country of orgin). If does not have a minimum of American made parts, it will be considered an illegal rifle if you add a folding stock, flash suppresssor, etc.

If this sounds stupid and crazy and of no real protection for innocent citizens against gun violence, that is becasue it is stupid and crazy and does no good for anyone.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can tell you this. Depending on how old it is (pre-89), anything goes, for the most part. Any Foreign rifle banned from importation may be brought into the states if it has American replacement parts to bring the number of foreign parts down to 10 or something like that. One way to be certain no so-called "laws" are being broken are to add only American parts to the SKS.

One more thing, and this pertains to detachable magazine capacity.

Some lobotomized, brain damaged politician fools seem to think that a magazine with a capacity of more than 31 rounds somehow turns a gun into an automatic machine gun when inserted in the gun. (For some reason, my guns all shoot one shot at a time while reloading themselves directly after the trigger is pulled, no matter how big the magazine is. Anyone else having this problem?)

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."