In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

no ban?

nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
Maybe I'm a little late coming to the party, but with the "assault" weapons ban expiration, it seems to me previously rare weapons should be able to imported again and prices on said weapons should go down now that the spigot has been turned back on so to speak. Why hasn't this happened? Has it and I just missed it? Where's the influx of weapons that was predicted?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem with that is the '89 import ban.

Too bad, too. I wouldn't mind having a Steyr AUG, but I'm not paying 3 times more than the rifle is worth, only to have a non-serviceable firearm.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    so what exactly does the expiration of this law affect? What's the difference now as opposed to last year?

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Probably the best way to keep up with changes in the firearms issues is to join one of the pro-gun organizations which constantly struggle to recruit new members and find funding to be the only truly effective way to fight for our rights.

Such organizations as the GOA, CCRKBA, 2nd Amendment Foundation, JPFO, and another one,....oh yeah, I kinda like the NRA. One of the organizatins will probably keep you informed and you will help them by being a member.

[:)][:D][8D][:I][:o)]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey fox,
    Take it easy on the new guy. I have seen people that are members of pro-gun groups, that don't know what the ban (s) were really about. Even some that have been posting here for quite a while.

nemesisenforcer,
    The ban that just expired was a "cosmetic" ban. Affecting mag capacity, pistol grips, flash hiders and such. It had NOTHING to do with actually banning any firearms. (Which, I think, is why they "allowed" it to expire)

The "89" bad, did actually stop the importation of certain "assault" weapons, and is still in full effect.

gunphreak,
    I can still get parts for my Steyr, it just costs an arm, a leg, and some time with my first born daughter.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Pickenup, whadda ya talking about? I didn't do nutting!

(think I'll report Pickenup for picken on me[:o)])

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I can still get parts for my Steyr, it just costs an arm, a leg, and some time with my first born daughter.

I'll stick with my CAR-15. I can have one of them taken down to nuts and bolts in under 15 minutes, and I am fully able to fix it without losing any of those things. You understand, right??

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    50575057 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to keep a eye on the goverment.
    Here in Illnoise the mayor of chicago is trying to run the state.
    and trying to outlaw every type of firearm made
    even black power
    I get mail form some of the pro gun groupes and
    someone is always trying to take our guns away
    or make us lock them up
    We vote them in now lets vote them out
    more guns less crime!
    I think if you want to keep your guns and should get some information from someone.

FIGHT CRIME
    shoot back!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, all that AND actually pay the money to join one or more of those pro-gun organizations and work to help them. They can't do much if they don't have any members.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    fox,

I am a member of the NRA and have been for a number of years. Real life has intruded into my ability to get up to date info on what gun law (there are over 20,000 at last count correct me if I'm wrong) means what and which ones are expiring etc. Sorry to inconvenience you by making you condescend to my sub-par intellect. I thought a quick post here could save me a lot of research time and trouble by asking an informed community.

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    nemesisenforcer Posted - 04/24/2005 : 12:23:48 AM

quote: Real life has intruded into my ability to get up to date info on what gun law (there are over 20,000 at last count correct me if I'm wrong) means what and which

"Real Life"....I don't mean to castigate you here..have no desire to dissuade gun people that are trying.

But if you want a taste of what "Real Life" REALLY is....ignore the slimy politicians in their drive to disarm us.

You will find out...just as a couple hundred million souls did in the last century..murdered by their respective governments...after being disarmed.

Now..as to your question.I believe tht the gun public have been conditioned to accept hughly inflated prices...so why should the dealers lower their profits.? Better to sell one gun and make 200 bucks..then 10 guns at 20 bucks profit...or so they will tell you..
    I, too expected to see some drop in prices..and magazines seem to have moderated a bit.

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    fox,

I am a member of the NRA and have been for a number of years. Real life has intruded into my ability to get up to date info on what gun law (there are over 20,000 at last count correct me if I'm wrong) means what and which ones are expiring etc. Sorry to inconvenience you by making you condescend to my sub-par intellect. I thought a quick post here could save me a lot of research time and trouble by asking an informed community.

If you are an NRA member and have been for years, then I humbly apologize if I was rude to you.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Fox,
    Forget about it. Let's just get that '89 ban repealed so I can get a good imported semi-auto.