In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

One step further?

swiftswift Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
A few years ago someone came up with the idea of taking away my right to pursue and apprehend as a bail bondsman. Now I must pay a fee and attend a class to be a licensed "Bail enforcement agent" to pursue skips and if that's not enough I lose my right to carry a firearm until I pay another fee and attend a police firearms class with continueing education and licensing fees yearly. Does your state work this way?

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Last time I had close contact with bounty hunters was when I worked with a few of them who also worked the armored transportation industry with me. Here in the KC area as recently as 1990 it used to be that as long as you had "employment" with a licensed bail bonding company, you were authorized to carry weapons (not concealed I think I remember) and had county wide authority to pursue and apprehend people who had jumped their bail. This authority was granted simply by your business relationship with the licensed bail bonding company. You had authority to kick in doors where the fugitive was hiding, use force on those people who tried to hinder your efforts, etc.

Just as an aside, without bounty hunters, the great majority of law-breakers who jump bail and flee the authority of the courts would NOT be apprehended without the help of the bounty hunters. Just as gunowners are a mistreated, unappreciated and discriminated group, so are bounty hunters.

Sure, their have been the "outlaw" bounty hunters, but the majority of them, as far as I have seen, have done a necessary and valuable service and did it with little or no thanks from the public, the courts, the police and the legislators.

JMHO

4lizad