In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

One Range fighting back

dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
Look at this link about a California range.
http://calguns.net/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/545600176/m/29010985521

Retired Air Force Msgt--NRA Life Member since 1971

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL !!!!

This is striking the snake about the head and shoulders..as is right and proper.
    Ronnie Barrett has refused to service 50 caliber Barretts of the LAPD...and perhaps the entire state.

That, gentlemen..is putting principle ahead of personal gain. That, gentlemen..is what it means to stand in the footprints of the Founders....

People..there are lines being drawn all across this great nation. PLEASE give some thought as to which side you stand..or as the case may be..crawl on your belly on.
  • Options
    forthhorsemanforthhorseman Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's nice to see! Thanks for posting it. I just wrote a thank you email to Mr. Hause.
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WAY TO GO out there. I truly hope that this will make a difference and get the publicity it deserves. Good luck and stay your course.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Thanks for posting this info. Otherwise I probably would not have ever known about it. It was so great I sent an email thanking the gun club as well as sending the information to two of the officers of my MO gun club in case they ever want to use this for their own actions.

4lizad
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If every gun manufacturer and service provider would follow suit. This would shut down the gun haters for good.

Police orders are only a small percentage of the market.

No guns, no ammunition and no service.

Perhaps it's time that the NRA should pull out of the training assistance too.

Ronnie Barrett for President!

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know,Defender...that may be a supurb idea. Pull all support from training new police.

The new Turks going in are the shock troops that WILL be coming for the guns one of these days....why help train the guy that will murder you ? That would be a way for the NRA to send a loud and clear message 'upstairs'...our patience is wearing thin.

Would I expect those running the show down at NRA headquarters to do anything except react in absolute horror.."THE IDEA>>" ...[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Before I vote yes or no on this idea, I would have to be able to determine the number of police supporters it would cost us. There are some out there you know.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ANY support lost is best gone.
    Provided that the reasons are made perfectly clear.
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA only should only boycott the Bolshevik run state and local governments.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you guys may be onto something there. i was a member of the NRA but pulled that years ago due to differences of opinions but if they would take that sort of step, i may have to buy in again. if any of you out there have that type of pull with them please get them to take a long hard look at this approach.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way I see it, all gun compainies should refuse to sell guns and ammunition to the government until anti-gun laws are repealed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jaflowers
    you guys may be onto something there. i was a member of the NRA but pulled that years ago due to differences of opinions but if they would take that sort of step, i may have to buy in again. if any of you out there have that type of pull with them please get them to take a long hard look at this approach.

While I will not fault you for pulling out of the NRA, I hope you "bought in" to another pro-gun rights organization as that is the only way we are going to retain our constitutional gun rights.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dsmith;
    Your idea is an excellent suggestion. Unfortunately..not many in the arms industry give a thin damn about the Constitution or our rights. Its all about making money.

It would be a humiliation for the government to have to go overseas for all their war material. Naturally..this would leave us pretty vulnerable. But what a beautiful statement it would make to a government determined to undermine freedoms...

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    quote:Originally posted by jaflowers

While I will not fault you for pulling out of the NRA, I hope you "bought in" to another pro-gun rights organization as that is the only way we are going to retain our constitutional gun rights.

4lizad

I have TRfox [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Roger that and good for you [:D]

4lizad
  • Options
    Shadow83Shadow83 Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This will be very interesting to watch the developments. I wounder if CA LE is planning and unannounced range inspections?

Shadow83
    Love My Country,
    Fear My Government
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball, I understand that the gun companies don't really care about our rights. Remember Smith and Wesson? S&W really sucks because I like the Walther guns they import, but I don't want to buy any more Walthers if it will give money to the anti-gunners.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, and Colt now days trying to invent the electronic safety gun to appease the safety nazis, with electronic owner recognition so that it will only fire for the owner and no one else. [:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I well remember S&W.

I also don't buy the sell off of that company and their miraculous recovery.
    I believe we shooters were conned....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forthhorseman
    Yeah, and Colt now days trying to invent the electronic safety gun to appease the safety nazis, with electronic owner recognition so that it will only fire for the owner and no one else. [:(!]
    I don't know about anyone else but I like this idea. In the event an attacker gets their hands on my gun I sure don't want them to be able to use it on me. It would be embarassing to be shot with your own gun.[:I]

Shadow83
    Love My Country,
    Fear My Government
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shadow83, do you think guns like that with "owner recognition" should be legally required to own them, or do you favor allowing us to have our old "regular guns"?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shadow83

I just think it's crock to try to appease safety nazis! The way to keep a crook from using your gun on you, is for you to use it on him first.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Shadow83
    quote:Originally posted by forthhorseman
    I don't know about anyone else but I like this idea. In the event an attacker gets their hands on my gun I sure don't want them to be able to use it on me. It would be embarassing to be shot with your own gun.[:I]

Shadow83
    Love My Country,
    Fear My Government

Would you be willing to depend on your computer and the internet, with all other choices revoked, in order to summon help for fire, medical emergencies or violent home invaders?

To have such dependence is nothing more than depending on a single electronic "system" to save/keep you and your family safe.

Much as being forced to own nothing but electronic guns would be.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's just nuts!!! What if your wifes hand keyed gun were the only thing close and you needed it. May as well throw it for all the good it would do you. I'd NEVER own something like that. Maybe one reason I like revolvers so much. It'll go bang 6 times for sure.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah! Wheel guns all the way! All I own right now (as far as hand guns) is revolvers. Gotta lone 'em!
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand Ronnie Barret is looking into developing a line of .338 Lapua Magnum rifles. I hope they are a little more affordable, because I just might purchase one.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    Shadow83, do you think guns like that with "owner recognition" should be legally required to own them, or do you favor allowing us to have our old "regular guns"?

WHAAAA?!?!?[?]

If I deciphered this windtalkin correctly, this is like asking the question, "Do you want to sleep with my mother or do you think that she is too ugly?" Talk about lookin for a fight!?!?[8)]

I would hope that the guns could be keyed to more than one person. and as for electronics, yes I would trust it. I have worked in digital electronics for over 25 years, the circuitry to operate such a gun would be relatively unsophisticated and simple so little could go wrong.

I don't see what the big whoop is if a gun company develops such a gun and people want to buy them. How would it effect any one of you? If I (or anyone else) want to own one of these guns, why the heck is it anyone else's business?? All you gotta do is NOT buy one. The main problem with many on this site is they know nothing but defensiveness. They act as if anyone who has a thought different than them are attacking them. HELLO!!! There ARE a LOT of people in the world and not ALL think like you. Who ever said that anyone would have to give up their guns and replace them with the keyed ones. I just said that I liked the idea and some of y'all pounce like a pack of hyenas.

Like Wendy said, "Some people need a Mommy."

Shadow83
    Love My Country,
    Fear My Government
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith

WHAAAA?!?!?[?]

If I deciphered this windtalkin correctly, this is like asking the question, "Do you want to sleep with my mother or do you think that she is too ugly?" Talk about lookin for a fight!?!?[8)]

I would hope that the guns could be keyed to more than one person. and as for electronics, yes I would trust it. I have worked in digital electronics for over 25 years, the circuitry to operate such a gun would be relatively unsophisticated and simple so little could go wrong.

I don't see what the big whoop is if a gun company develops such a gun and people want to buy them. How would it effect any one of you? If I (or anyone else) want to own one of these guns, why the heck is it anyone else's business?? All you gotta do is NOT buy one. The main problem with many on this site is they know nothing but defensiveness. They act as if anyone who has a thought different than them are attacking them. HELLO!!! There ARE a LOT of people in the world and not ALL think like you. Who ever said that anyone would have to give up their guns and replace them with the keyed ones. I just said that I liked the idea and y'all pounce like a pack of hyenas.

Like Wendy said, "Some people need a Mommy."

Shadow83
    Love My Country,
    Fear My Government

The danger to us is that, for just one example, the state of NJ has already passed a law stating that just as soon as the very first electronic gun is produced and sold in NJ, there from that moment on no other kind of guns can be sold except the electronic kind that have owner recognition. So knowing government as we all do, that law will be expanded to say that no one can even own anything but an electronic gun.

Now if anyone thinks this is such a good idea, then ask yourself exactly why the state of NJ only is imposing this law on the civilians and NOT THE POLICE . If it is such a good idea, then is should be a good idea for the police also.

And if anyone knows electronics, they know that a large (EMP) electro Magnetic Pulse, generated by a nuclear bomb detonated a very high altitude (launched from a large fishing boat just off the coast of America and carried by a primitive rocket) or even some very abnormal flare from the sun can fry and destroy most electronics everywhere in the USA.

How would you like having America attacked by Osama Bin Hiding and his high altitude nuclear bomb carried aloft by some primitive Scud missile and now all your guns won't work?

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm glad you jumped on this on TR because I was already to start typing. I too have been in electronics for over 15 years, all military and government I might add, and even some of our most expensive, nuclear hardened components fail from time to time and the regular stuff on a fairly frequent basis. An electronic signature device on a gun can be made easily enough that permits use by more than one person but how will it stand up to being dropped, submerged in water, recoil from the gun as well as the muzzel blast and concussion? Electronics are to fragile for that and for ME to rely on for life or death situations. I'll keep my wheelgun thanks. Nice and simple.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, but don't rely on that "wheelgun" as never becoming one of those electronic, owner recognizing types. I'm sure the electronic techonology will be able to be used in either the semiauto, revolver or even single shot.

And don't forget about our rabid gun-control fanatics standing in the wings. If electronic guns become common place, at some point those anti-gun fantics will be able to force yet another law we won't like.

That new law will require the electronic guns to be designed in such a way so as they can be disabled/shutdown/ etc. from a distance (nationwide in a nationwide emergency decided upon by only bureaucrat?) in the interest of "public safety" or "law and order" or a police officer on the scene of a disturbance will have a portable device that can shut down all electronic guns (except police guns) in the immediate area. All this for "police safety" and how can we object to something that provides for police safety. I for one don't want the police to be more unsafe than can be reasonably prevented.

And of course the "shutdown" devices will be stolen or black marketed so that the criminal element will also be able to use them against lawful gun owners to make them defensless.

BTW, some of what I have posted is already reality regarding automobiles. Not theory, reality.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you're right TR. i forget the exact details of how the mini guns work but basically an electronic primer causes a round to go off if i'm not mistaken. seems like that would be a direction the would go with all firearms.
    as for making the police safe.....yea right. all they are sworn to do is uphold the law, not to protect us. i'm sure you know this. and if they are enforcing this type of law i could care less for them. toooooo much unneeded and unwanted control.[V][:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    The danger to us is that, for just one example, the state of NJ has already passed a law stating that just as soon as the very first electronic gun is produced and sold in NJ, there from that moment on no other kind of guns can be sold except the electronic kind that have owner recognition. So knowing government as we all do, that law will be expanded to say that no one can even own anything but an electronic gun.So go bomb the plant. That's about the only way you're gonna stop their production. If I (or anyone else) likes the idea of a gun which only they can make shoot is it right for you to make the choice for all others based on your paranoid thoughts? If one day I (or anyone else) walk into a gun shop and sees one and wants to buy it, how is that any of your or anyone else's business? It ain't! I like the idea and you don't, our choices. And if anyone doesn't like it, tough crap.

quote:And if anyone knows electronics, they know that a large (EMP) electro Magnetic Pulse, generated by a nuclear bomb detonated a very high altitude (launched from a large fishing boat just off the coast of America and carried by a primitive rocket) or even some very abnormal flare from the sun can fry and destroy most electronics everywhere in the USA.BWAAAAHAHAHAHA HEE HEE HAR HAR HAR, ho ho ha ha,,,, just a sec. Lemme stop laughing and catch my breath.,.,.,.,.,. Are you REALLY serious? I bet you still got a bomb shelter in your yard left over from the 50s. I remember the last time an EMP bomb was detonated as well as an abnormal solar flare. That was back when we had zombies roaming the streets eating people alive. I'm sure glad I had my non-electronic gun then to blow their heads off since that was the only way to stop them.

Why not just use a comet hitting the earth example too.[8)]

quote:How would you like having America attacked by Osama Bin Hiding and his high altitude nuclear bomb carried aloft by some primitive Scud missile and now all your guns won't work?The odds of this happening are about a billion to one. It is more likely that a dirty bomb would be detinated before an EMP bomb. I think you read too much Tom Clancey.

I'm not too worried aboth these scenerios. I have no desire to stockpile germs on the extreme outside chance that the martians invade the earth.

Just like ya can't fight city hall, ya also can't fight extreme paranoia.

Shadow83
    Love My Country,
    Fear My Government
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone who buys some future electronic owner recognition firearm is an idiot!
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't know about anyone else but I like this idea. In the event an attacker gets their hands on my gun I sure don't want them to be able to use it on me. It would be embarassing to be shot with your own gun.

I don't know about anyone else, but the last thing I want is to draw my gun and have it not fire when I need it, only to have the cops pull the gun from my hand and find it needed rebooted, or new batteries, or whatever. That would be embarassing.

What I am not as afraid of is the attacker getting my gun from me. If he is messing with me, chances are, he has one of his own, or he is running like hell away from me when I draw mine (or he gets killed in the attempt of trying to obtain mine).

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by tr fox
    The danger to us is that, for just one example, the state of NJ has already passed a law stating that just as soon as the very first electronic gun is produced and sold in NJ, there from that moment on no other kind of guns can be sold except the electronic kind that have owner recognition. So knowing government as we all do, that law will be expanded to say that no one can even own anything but an electronic gun.So go bomb the plant. That's about the only way you're gonna stop their production. If I (or anyone else) likes the idea of a gun which only they can make shoot is it right for you to make the choice for all others based on your paranoid thoughts? If one day I (or anyone else) walk into a gun shop and sees one and wants to buy it, how is that any of your or anyone else's business? It ain't! I like the idea and you don't, our choices. And if anyone doesn't like it, tough crap.

Tough crap??? If what the minority wants affects the majority of us in a truely negative way then it is a bad idea. You KNOW that as soon as it's actually made, tried and signed off on that the wacked out anti-gun freaks will try to impose these as our only choices. That's not going to cut it for me or most gun owners out there. Please don't support the system that is trying it's best to screw us on a daily basis. I'm not trying to rant at you, just trying to let you see my side of it. Good luck to you.
    Jason
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shadow83, I'm not trying to upset you or start a side war. I'm merely asking you if you believe the "old fashioned" guns should be updated to the new "safety" guns with owner recognition when it becomes feasible. What I'm trying to say is this: Are you somebody who wants this to become mandatory.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shadow is,as usual, young and dumb....or perhaps merely dumb.

Missed the release from the government the other day...eh ??
    The one talking about Iran working feverishly on a EMP bomb....hoping to to destroy America in one fell swoop ? Take out the computers...Our vaunted Military just became toothless tigers. There isn't 500 riflemen left in the military....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shadow83 wrote:

quote:

So go bomb the plant. That's about the only way you're gonna stop their production. If I (or anyone else) likes the idea of a gun which only they can make shoot is it right for you to make the choice for all others based on your paranoid thoughts? If one day I (or anyone else) walk into a gun shop and sees one and wants to buy it, how is that any of your or anyone else's business? It ain't! I like the idea and you don't, our choices. And if anyone doesn't like it, tough crap.

The "tough crap" will occur when the gun control extremist have forced us gun owners to own and use NOTHING BUT electronic guns that will only work WHEN THE ELECTRONICS ARE WORKING PERFECTLY. And then one day hopefully you will be relying on one of those oh, so safe electronic guns and need it for defense (not a one in a billion chance but events that happen every month right here in America) and it won't work for you.

When that happens I will pay you $5.00 to let me know what happened to you so that that I can go;

BWAAAAHAHAHAHA HEE HEE HAR HAR HAR, ho ho ha ha,,,, just a sec. Lemme stop laughing and catch my breath.,.,.,.,.,. Are you REALLY serious?

Apparently you are unable to read and clearly understand what most of us are saying. We don't give a rat's * if you replace your entire gun collection with electronic guns and continue to buy nothing else. In fact you can equip all your vehicles electronically so that no one but you and specified others can even start the things.

We are just saying we don't and probably never will trust this technology and we don't want it rammed down our throats.

I don't know why you are over-reacting and acting like we are trying to prevent you from buying all the electronic guns you want.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I made that statement about if anyone who is so anxious to be forced to rely on an electronic gun would they also be willing to rely on their computer and internet (give it always on) as the only way to summone help for 911, fire, medical, etc.

Presently firearms are all mechanical & chemical devices. As long as the mechanical part is well designed and built, that, along with the properties of the chemical part, means that anytime you pickup a loaded gun it is about 99.9% sure to fire. This is true even if the gun is stored for an extended period of time in even a somewhat harsh environment.

Compared to mechanical and chemical systems, electronic systems are fragile and sometimes unreliable. Plus, by adding the electronic system part to the firearm, you would be introducing an unneeded third system (electronic) to a device that would be better off not having yet another chance/reason to become unreliable.

It is naive and foolish to cheerfully embrace this proposed new "technology". Yet if that is what some naive and foolish people want that is fine with me.

As long as I am free to stick with my "non-electronic" guns.

Or even perhaps if the police and military are required to use the same electonic technology as me. Scratch this last sentence because as Jaflowers pointed out the criminal element still would not use or want electronic guns.

4lizad