In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hollywood Super Turret Press value

geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
I am in process of purchasing a "lot" of reloading equipment which includes a Hollywood Universal Super Turret Press (no pictures available at this point in time). I have other interest in the components and other presses, but none in the Super press (way to big for my needs). However, I don't want to get burned on the price since he wants more for the big press then everything else combined. I believe they sold for about $4K new and I can't find one that sold used.

Any help would be appreciated since I need to make an offer on the "lot". If I buy it, it will most likely appear on GB for sale.

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Found that sold ten years ago for $400.
    Found another that a year ago the guy was asking $1350 for it.
    www.longrangehunting.com listed under the Buy or Sell-Reloading Components.
    Another on E-bay #190569898059 that sold for $360 with 50BMG dies.
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input DC. I have looked at those, but they are Hollywood super and much smaller then the Hollywood Universal Super, which is about 75+lbs. and much bigger.

Tuff one to price since there would only be a small market for the unit.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello GeeGuy This was a quality piece of equipment BUT 4K is blowing smoke. . Modern progressive presses are much better and worth more . Dont get caught up in a press that is not convenient to use.[:(]

EDITI might give $100.00 for one BUT $1000.00 no way. This was a quality press when it was made but so was a wood fired Kitchen cook stove. I darn sure would not want to go back to using one Yes I am old enough to remember my next door neighbor cooking on Hers but . Out Dated is Out Dated.
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Perry, I agree that $4k was a nice car in those days and is blowing smoke, and that newer presses are better (unless your were forming bullets & brass). I have no need for this equipment and would be selling it. The current owner wants to include it in the purchase "lot" and add $1K to the price. To much of a wild card for me unless I can turn it for what I paid.

Thanks for the input.
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not MY $1000.
    Note that the various Hollywood presses, while big and stout, have simple leverage handle-to-ram linkages. I think that was pretty much obsoleted for heavy duty reloading by the RCBS compound leverage system.
  • Kevin RohrerKevin Rohrer Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee guy: The press originally sold for $237.50. Here is a link to a PDF that shows the Super Turret and the price.

http://jeffersonian.name/g1959/G0359.pdf

And I sent you an email.