In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Humble brag...and thanks...

Shot my first 4-shot penny-sized group at 100-yards today. Not only that but they were rounds that I had loaded.

Thanks to everyone who has dropped knowledge on this noob!

Comments

• Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    That is something to be proud of.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to you ... like fastcarsgofast said it's something for you to be proud of having done. [:)]

It just gets worse now now, no doubt about it! [B)]

I meant to say, you are now hooked just as forgemonkey warned you. Truer and wiser words never been spoken! Might soon admit the fact, denying won't make nothing, no better. [;)]

You know, if you are that lucky good early on, there is most likely no saving you from now on out. You will be wanting and needing to do it better and better. The reloading and the shooting!
    [:0]

You will be putting more and more into it, but you will get so much more shooting in ... and you will get so much more out, than ever before. [^]

Let folks know how it goes will you?
    Best to you.
  • Options
    McDAccountantMcDAccountant Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Alan Rushing

Congrats to you ... like fastcarsgofast said it's something for you to be proud of having done. [:)]

It just gets worse now now, no doubt about it! [B)]

I meant to say, you are now hooked just as forgemonkey warned you. Truer and wiser words never been spoken! Might soon admit the fact, denying won't make nothing, no better. [;)]

You know, if you are that lucky good on the first go, there is most likely no saving you from now on out. You will be wanting and needing to do it better and better. The reloading and the shooting. [:0]

You will be putting more and more into it, but you will get so much more shooting in ... and you will get so much more out, than eveer before. [^]

Take care and let us know how it goes from here on out.
    Best to you.

Well, it wasn't the "first go" as you called it. Its been significant trial and error and practice both with the loading and shooting. I can't believe how much better my tolerances are on my loads now as to compared to six months ago. And, yes, I still consider myself very much a "noob" since I've only been reloading since February...there is so much more to learn to help improve my reloads. And the trigger time "testing" some of those earlier loads is really starting to pay off now. I'm definitely hooked and just because I've found a really good load for my rifle doesn't mean I'm going to stop there...got to keep looking for better...
  • Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [:D] Congradulations, it's a great feeling-

Especially if you've used a lotta care and delivery in your cartridge/powder/bullet depth and all that can go to hell, if your heartbeat throws a bullet outside of your PENNY size group-

The BENCHREST books can teach you a lot, even if you don't want to be in competition !

[:o)] JIMBO
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very good , now you can go out and take game with your handloads , which is also very rewarding !
  • Options
    McDAccountantMcDAccountant Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oneoldsap
    Very good , now you can go out and take game with your handloads , which is also very rewarding !

That's the plan...deer rifle season opens tomorrow...
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Real good shooting.[:D]