In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1011 clips

woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
I hadn't shot my 1911 45 recently and when I did I had trouble feeding the last round. I don't shoot it bulls eye, but I'd like the clips to be reliable. The two clips in question are old military clips. I do have a Mec-gar which is flawless. Perhaps I should buy a couple of those. What do the bulls eye shooters use in competition?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't shoot compatition. It sounds to me that the springs in the old Magazines are tired. Replacement spring are around and easy to install. If by some chance they don't correct the problem you will not be out much and it is good to have some spairs. For my autoloader's I consider 5 mags as minimum. I think my 1911's share about 22.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    If the Mec-Gar magazines runs get some more. You can always order mag springs form Wolfe Springs.
    I have 12 Wilson mags that have been shot in matches for about 20yrs, and have replaced springs in them once so far.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Wilson or Chip McCormick mags.