In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

300 Blackout - Am I the Only One -

HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
Who is converting Range Brass .223/5.56 shells?

I am working, working, working in my Garage, doing all the zillion steps converting/cleaning/refurbing - seems interminable! The Brass is SOOO expensive, I figured I would make my own. So far, I have converted 1500 hulls.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone was using Hornady V-max 110-grain bullets - they have No cannelure, and I am a little chary of that in an Autoloader (AR-15). Have loaded up 50 rounds, with 10 each of Lil Gun Powder at 19.8, 19.9, 20.0, 20.1, and 20.2 grains. Almost a Compressed charge at the High End!

Further, I was wondering if any AR-15 Gurus agreed that I need to go with a H2 Buffer, as the Remington 110 Grain Conical Rounds were Flattening the Necks of every Ejected Hull, by hitting the "Left-Hander's" Deflector.

Comments

• sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are not the only one. I prefer well made brass, but in a pinch it's not that much different from making your own cartridges in any other caliber.

I have never worried about having a cannelure on bullet going through an AR. Neck tension is plenty. Unless, you tried to 'accurize' the cases by turning the necks way down. I suggest you check the fit on your cases to bullets and make sure you have at least .003". If so, GTG.
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1