In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

reloading 410ga and 20ga

peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone reload for these two, 410 or 20ga's. Someone said that with lead so high you can buy shells cheaper than reloading them. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    zimmdenzimmden Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Light target loads for the 20 gauge can be bought as cheaply as reloading. Not so with the 410. They continue to be expensive since sales (demand) are low. If you shoot a lot, reloading is the way to go.
  • Options
    peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been reloading 410 for some time. Love shooting 410 & easily paid for the equipment to reload them in no time. I reload 20 ga also. I pick up hulls at the range & I had the equipment already. It's just easier than going out & buying new ones. I make my own shot also to save money.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been reloading 12's and 20's since the 80's and I don't just reload for savings, I reload for reduced recoil, good patterns and strings, and clean barrels. If you look at some of the manuals, you can find loads that provide good velocities with low pressures.