In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Frankford Arsenal Match Brass

BIG OLD BILLBIG OLD BILL Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me how rare is Frankford Arsenal 308 Match Brass? I ran into a small amount while preparing some Lake City 308 Match brass and checked Wikipedia and they stated that only a small amount was ever produced. If it is rare enough I probably will put it up at auction so some collector can get it.

Comments

• CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What year is the headstamp??

I don't know where Wiki gets their information but I understand that anything that's on the Internet is true.[;)]

Frankford Arsenal manufactured 7.62mm M118 Match from 1961 until 1965. They made about 30 lots. Typically, a lot of Match would be about 1 million rounds. You'd have to decide for your self if that's rare or not. Sealed 20-round boxes of FA are collectable but not like winning the lottery. $20 to $25 per box.

Ray
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about "rare" but I turned a pretty good sized box full of it into 243 brass back in the 80's. Back then, it was 1/3 the price of 243 and I had lots of spare time. Local gun shop had a 30 gallon barrel full of it.
  • RadarRadar Member Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a can of Frankford International Match,the boxes are marked Ball T275E2, Lot FA 4,and dated 1956
  • llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cheechako
    What year is the headstamp??

I don't know where Wiki gets their information but I understand that anything that's on the Internet is true.[;)]

Frankford Arsenal manufactured 7.62mm M118 Match from 1961 until 1965. They made about 30 lots. Typically, a lot of Match would be about 1 million rounds. You'd have to decide for your self if that's rare or not. Sealed 20-round boxes of FA are collectable but not like winning the lottery. $20 to $25 per box.

Ray

FWIW I sold a sealed box of LC Match from '68 for $25 at a gun show back in October, before any panic buying, shortages, etc.
  • CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Radar
    I have a can of Frankford International Match,the boxes are marked Ball T275E2, Lot FA 4,and dated 1956

Radar

That ammo is a little more rare than the regular 7.62mm Match. Maybe worth an extra $5 to $10 per box.

Email sent to you

Ray
  • BIG OLD BILLBIG OLD BILL Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to everyone who responded. I found a long lost 5 gallon bucket of mixed brass in my store room while cleaning it out for the AT&T guys to install my U-Verse. There are only a couple of dozen Frankford 308 match cases along with 400 Lake City 308 Match cases. I think I will just list the Lake City cases on the auction side and include the Frankford cases as a little bonus since there are not enough of them to handle separately.
    The Frankford cases are dated 1963 and the Lake City ones are dated 1964 and 1972 on the 50 or 60 that I checked.