In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got luky today

Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
Buddy came by wanted to know if I want 8lbs of Hodgdon 4895 for $160. What do you think? Absolutly!!!!!!!!!!![:D][8D][:)][:p][:o)]

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Did you kiss him [:X][:X][?]
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WoW I feel old. I remember buying the stuff for $2 a pound in a paper lunch bags. Worked out a increadable accurate load using it in a 8mm06 with the Lyman 323470.

added Mine was scooped out of a 55 gal barrel in the sporting goods section of the grocery/drug store in the 70's.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Gunsmith 8 miles away had the stuff in barrels. I think he charged me 75 cents if I brought my own container. I had a new to me Model 70 Varmint in .243. 40 gr. and a 75 gr. Sierra HP. Shot so well I never changed. This was around 1960--I only paid $75 for the Winchester and still have it. Ran across the check stub a couple years ago from the scope I bought for it. $39 for the K10 from S. A. Wentling, Palmyra, PA. And I don't just feel old; I am!
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a good deal! I usually pay $20-25/lb for Hodgdon rifle powder.
  • Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    That's a good deal! I usually pay $20-25/lb for Hodgdon rifle powder.

$160/8lbs IS $20/lb........just sayin'

I haven't priced an 8lb keg lately, but with things the way they are, I'd venture a guess that at a minimum, $160/8lb is a FAIR deal, at least [;)]