In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any body load 16 ga. With Win WSF?

It says it's a "More Efficient Medium Speed SHOTSHELL Propellant" but I can't find any published reload data for 16 ga.
Any help or info will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not used that powder since it is not in any of the vintage reloading maunals. The Lyman shotshell handbook has vintage loads for older powders. I believe only Remington is currently making plastic wads for the 16 ga. I would look at the 12 ga loads for that powder and then use the lightest load for the 16 ga with 1 1/8 oz field loads. If you are using fiber wads, all bets are off.
  • Options
    20gabob20gabob Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finally took time and found what i had, and it's not much for that powder. Win AA compression formed hull only-21 grs WSF-WAA16 wad (or Claybuster CB0100-16)-1 oz shot. This can also be used with 7/8 oz shot by inserting 1/8 filler wad in the wad and powder can be junped to 21.5 gr for a bit more velocity if you so desire. Hope that helps you out. I didn't find anything listed for FED or REM hulls.