In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.22 center-fire Range Days

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
I spent a couple days at the range with a .22 Hornet, .223's and .222's. If you have a Hornet and haven't tried Lil'Gun powder yet, try it. My 77/22 is fussy but Lil'Gun settled it down. 13 grs. with bullets from the odd looking Hornady 35 gr. Vmax to 45 gr. give good velocity and good groups. My .223's are bolt guns and, since most of the that activity is in AR type rifles, this load may not be relevant but the load that shot the best in the CZ527 and not quite as well in the Sako is 26 gr. of Benchmark and the 52 gr. Speer HP. One 4-shot group had 3 bullets in about a .30 cal. hole with the 4th shot opening the group to .38". Shot almost 300 cartridges in 2 days from 6 rifles.

Comments

• Options
    skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those "22" cals can be some of the most fun, I will add that the "20" cals can be a blast too.

That load sounds like a winner to me. Maybe I'm odd, but I shoot a lot of 50-60 gr bullets from my AR. At least when I had one. I shoot a 6.5 or a 7mm when I want to stretch my legs. I use a lot of Accurate 2015 and Ramshot E-Terminator.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love 22 centerfires. You can always count on them and they never let you down. Like a good dog.