In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Graff Bullets

RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
Anyone have any luck with Graff and Son private label .224 53grain FBHP's? Down to my last box of 500 Midway Dogtown and keep missing the boat when I get the in stock text message. Ain't looking for match performance, just something for accurate plinking and stock piling for the Zombi Apocalypse.

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems to me they've shot alright. You won't win any benchrest contests, but they will kill gophers/prairie dogs. Meaning they are accurate enough. Do keep in mind there are different type bullets put out by them that are NOT accurate enough. Of those, the 50 gr. soft point and the 55 gr. FMJ come to mind. They were bulk bullets built by PRVI Partisan as low cost .223/5.56 rounds. When they made match grade bullets, they did step it up a notch. Not as much of a notch as I would like to see, but they do come reasonably accurate.

Then again, I've had some very poor luck with Winchester 55 gr. FMJ as well.

Unless you can't get ANY reasonably priced bullets, I'd go after Hornady or Sierra for cost and accuracy. Nosler makes some good CC bullets that aren't that expensive. Speer has been so-so in my book, but they can usually be found for a reasonable price.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got the scoop on the .224, 53 gr HPFB and I placed an order today.