In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CCI 200 primers--cleaner?

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭✭
Has any one else noticed that CCI 200's leave cleaner primer pockets? I'm not sure what significance, if any, that has.

Comments

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my experience it has no significance at all. When I was reloading for pistol competition I found it was not necessary to clean the primer pockets. As long as the primer seated correctly and the flash hole was clear the small amount of residue will not affect performance or reliability. So, less residue may give you a "feel good" attitude about the primer, but does not matter to the overall performance of the reload, in my opinion.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Concur. Who has time to clean primer pockets if your loading any type of volume. I was thinking of going with a wet tumbler, but I don't want to pick SS media out of flash holes.
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen that in the least. In my experience, I've always found Winchesters left cleaner pockets.

But, it could be the load.
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't use a magnet on my SS and flash holes are almost always clean. Magnets cause some SS to magnetize and stick together = problems. I bump each case as I empty for drying.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will give a quick twist with a Lee primer pocket cleaner every once in a while. I haven't really seen a difference between Winchester or CCI primers..