In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

9x20mm Browning Long brass

poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
Can Browning long brass be formed from any other brass or is anyone making the brass or ammo?

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    9mm Browning Long is a straight semirimmed case.
    It can be made by shortening .38 Super from 23mm to 20.

Ammunition is available, note that it is old issue, corrosive Berdan primed.
    http://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammo-9mm-browing.html
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,958 ******
    edited November -1
    "It can be made by shortening .38 Super from 23mm to 20.'.............well, as the .38s is semi rimmed you MAY run into a problem. I would also look at the 9x23 or 9mm largo.
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To quote a usually reliable source (ME!) the 9mm Browning Long is a semirimmed straight case like the .38 ACP/Super. Just shorter.
    CotW shows rim and body diameters only .001" apart, length .10" shorter.

Not rimless tapered like Largo.
  • 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    If the semi-rimless case is a problem and it shouldn't be as the 9MM Browning Long is semi-rimless too, you could start with the rimless 38 super brass that is out there. 9MM Largo has to much taper about .009. The 9MM Browning Long has a little taper only about .002. Personally I would just shorten Remington 38 super brass. Should work fine.
  • grady mitchellgrady mitchell Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    they are some 38 amu / 9mm basic bertram listed that you can form or trim to work