In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ruger varquero 45colt

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
i have two varqueros one in 45colt and the other in 45acp/45colt. what is the proper diameter lead bullets to use in these. are they all .452 now, i seem to remember that 45 colt was .454. has that changed with ruger.

Comments

• varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have two varqueros one in 45colt and the other in 45acp/45colt. what is the proper diameter lead bullets to use in these. are they all .452 now, i seem to remember that 45 colt was .454. has that changed with ruger.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only true measure for your particular gun is to slug the barrel and measure the chamber throats.

I shoot .451 RNL (ACP bullets) and .452 SWC lead bullets in my .45C Vaquero and Super Redhawk .454 using Unique, and they seem to work just fine for me.
  • longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot .452 RNFP lead in all of mine.
  • noyljnoylj Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    >The only true measure for your particular gun is to slug the barrel and measure the chamber throats.

+1. Sorry, but if you take those measurements, you will know what you need.
    Bullets should be a tight fit in the throat and should be at least 0.001" larger than groove diameter. All firearms vary in dimensions and there is no single size that is best for all.
  • peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 3rd. generation Colt SAA with chambers of .458" and barrel of .452". anyone else ever have this problem?