In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is your most deadliest reloads

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
I have been reloading a long time
Not until about 10 years ago, I have
been reloading my most deadliest
reloads of my life

I reload twice a week and as I get older
I seem to be making more mistakes

If you dare, tell us what your most
deadliest reloads are.

I know I will

As soon as I find my camera I will post a
photo

Comments

• Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    My most deadliest reloads are reloading
    my 2 week supply of pills in my pill boxes.

But, I have to be more careful not be
    talking on the phone or on the computer
    while I'm reloading my pill boxes

I have found doubles/missing pills and even
    empty boxes

Dangerousreloads_zps7a20176f.jpg
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought you were talking deadest on game. Norma brass, Remington 9.5 lighting a full case of H870 under a 162 boat tail Hornady in my Carl Gustav 7mm Rem. Mag. Required scotch tape over bullet hole to prove the second one was in the same spot at 100 yards.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More mistakes?
    Do you mean deadliest or dumbest?
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Is the COP for sale or a giveaway [?][:D]
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first metallic reloads were for my GP-100. I loaded jacketed bullets(with lead recipe) with 3-3.5gr Red Dot & I didn't crimp.

I had 4 bullets stacked up in the barrel before I saw the 1st sticking out half way.[:0][:0]

Thank God for Rugers![^]
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been reloading off and on since 1952 and found recently I needed to pay strict attention to keeping the powder hopper full and doing more weight sampling.
    There was also an error in reading tenths and full grains on a 505 scale.
    It's clear as you get older one needs to pay closer attention and double check.
    I had to pull about 100 32 Longs and 9mms recently as I didn't notice the powder hopper running dry.
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    I thought you were talking deadest on game. Norma brass, Remington 9.5 lighting a full case of H870 under a 162 boat tail Hornady in my Carl Gustav 7mm Rem. Mag. Required scotch tape over bullet hole to prove the second one was in the same spot at 100 yards.

Dang, you still have H870,[:(!][V][^] how bout startin me an auction[:D]
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At a Boise gun show in the last 70's. Almost 20 pounds of H870 in a really nice metal powder drum for $5. We had no idea what it was good for but dad said we could buy a rifle to shoot it up if we didn't have one already.

I still have one pound of it and one box of 162 BT Match Hornady's.

There also might be one box of new Norma brass loaded with those components from back then.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was in high school and had a G43 and an 8.2x50 Rimmed Steyr with ammo but no 8x57mm ammo. I loaded an 8mmcase with the Steyr contents but the case wasn't full enough so I dumped a 9mm mil Luger charge into it.
    I let my kid brother shoot it and it blew up.
    The barrel pivoted on the cross pin like a shotgun, splitting the receiver and stock and one of the two locking lugs.
    Brother Gordon wasn't hurt.
    There were a few similar acts of genius but this one destroyed a nice rifle.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dumbest "reload" was probably shooting a factory .410 in my .45 ACP.
    Didn't help that I left the magazine in but it sure helped that the grips were Pachmayr neopremes. Lower unsupported base of the shell let loose and gases looking for somewhere to go bowed out the grip panel. Stung like a son of a gun. Don't like to think what the grips and my hand might have looked like had the panels been wood.
    In my defense I'd just point out that this happened almost 40 years ago.
    Never tried it again.