In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.35 Remington brass

M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
I have a 1951 Marlin 336sc in .35 Remington. I am going to reload and cast for the rifle, I really like the way it handles. Every time I pick it up I wonder why I ever got away from lever action rifles!

I have been watching the auction side for a fair deal on some new or once fired brass. No luck yet, all of the listings have been pricey. I can get a box of factory loaded ammo for around $25.00 so that might be the way to go. Shoot em' and reload em'!

Anyone here have a source for fair priced .35 Remington brass?

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might try and post in the want ad. $25 for loaded ammo seems like a good deal to me as most places have no new brass. Sometimes on flebay a proper lyman cast bullet mold appears. It pays to read the description carefully and examine the pic's.
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Timing is everything. I buy and sell a lot of brass and had 35 Rem sitting for months, then about 6 months ago it all sold to several people in a week.

Check all your listings at GB and others and you will see it come up.

Older rifle calibers sell in strange ways which I have yet to figure out.

Good luck
  • M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    You might try and post in the want ad. $25 for loaded ammo seems like a good deal to me as most places have no new brass. Sometimes on flebay a proper lyman cast bullet mold appears. It pays to read the description carefully and examine the pic's.

I wouldn't pass on a Lyman mold for a fair price, but I am probably going with the RCBS 35-200-FN. I am just going to "bite the bullet" and buy it new.
  • XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much you looking for? I have quite a lot. I might sell some.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by XP100
    How much you looking for? I have quite a lot. I might sell some.

A couple hundred would be great, I will email you.
  • FWAdditFWAddit Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762

I wouldn't pass on a Lyman mold for a fair price, but I am probably going with the RCBS 35-200-FN. I am just going to "bite the bullet" and buy it new.

The RCBS 35-200-FN is an excellent choice. For my .35 Remingtons, I cast it out of wheelwrights sweetened with tin for hardness level about 12-15 BHN and load it in front of 38 gr. of H335. I add a tuft of kapok or Dacron fluff, which is not necessary to position the powder but eliminates leading from gas cutting.

In both accuracy and terminal performance it works just as well as the Hornady 200-gr. RN using the same powder charge.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FWAddit

The RCBS 35-200-FN is an excellent choice. For my .35 Remingtons, I cast it out of wheelwrights sweetened with tin for hardness level about 12-15 BHN and load it in front of 38 gr. of H335. I add a tuft of kapok or Dacron fluff, which is not necessary to position the powder but eliminates leading from gas cutting.

In both accuracy and terminal performance it works just as well as the Hornady 200-gr. RN using the same powder charge.

No gas check? Just filler?
  • FWAdditFWAddit Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FWAddit

No gas check? Just filler?

No, it needs the gas check too.