In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smith & Wesson Customer Service?

Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone had any experience (good or bad) with Smith and Wesson Customer Service since they took over T/C.(Thompson Center)

Has anyone tried to contact S&W Customer Service recently for returning any T/C lifetime warranty items to S&W for honoring lifetime repair or replacement? (or non warranty issues)

I'm not getting anywhere with them in a timely manner and beginning to think I might be whipping on a dead horse and at least I now know I better keep tracking confirm of any item that I might send them.

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A couple of years back, I found my M&15 in 5.45 would not function with certain types of available ammo. Got an RA and paid shipping label and sent for fix. Returned working fine.
    Last year I got both Grandsons TC 22 single shots. One had a loose hinge pin and was unusable. After several conversations and emails, they sent a shipping label and replaced the rifle. This was after production had eased on this model so they had to scramble to come up with a replacement.
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    A couple of years back, I found my M&15 in 5.45 would not function with certain types of available ammo. Got an RA and paid shipping label and sent for fix. Returned working fine.
    Last year I got both Grandsons TC 22 single shots. One had a loose hinge pin and was unusable. After several conversations and emails, they sent a shipping label and replaced the rifle. This was after production had eased on this model so they had to scramble to come up with a replacement.

Trying to get a RA is my issue right now. Several promises by email, but nothing received. I tried their 800 number and was on hold for over a timed 30 min and still only a recording that sounded like it might be Obama apologizing for being placed on hold. I finally gave up on phone and went back to emails. I've currently give up on S&W and thinking if I ever receive a RA I'll just use it for wiping paper and mail it back to them with a note for them to stick it where the sun don't shine and make real sure I don't ever buy any products even remotely associated with S&W ever again. T/C division of S&W had real good top of the line Customer Service before S&W started running the show. I suspect now that they hope customers will get discouraged and just give up. Some companies cannot see the Forest for the trees.

Been going on for 30 days! I got a email from S&W apologizing for 'THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE LESS THAN STELLAR" and that they are trying to correct their issues.
    I replied that my email gave me this warning in red letters now when I received their email and I'm starting to believe that it's true. Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks.. I told them that less that stellar is not the correct words, they SUCK BIG AIR and they should be ashamed of themselves for screwing up a good company like T/C and S&W should not expect a xmas gift from Santa Clause.

NRA Member