In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Nosler Varmegeddon "tipped"?

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
How do these compare with the Ballistic Tips of same weight?

Comments

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The .224 55 grain Varmegeddon is a flat base bullet opposed to the boat tail Ballistic Tip. I have shot thousands of the tipped and not tipped Varmegeddon bullets and think the are one of the beat buys in varmint bullets. Give them a shot, you won't be sorry.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz
    The .224 55 grain Varmegeddon is a flat base bullet opposed to the boat tail Ballistic Tip. I have shot thousands of the tipped and not tipped Varmegeddon bullets and think the are one of the beat buys in varmint bullets. Give them a shot, you won't be sorry.

+1 Out of my 40x, flat base still take the edge on accuracy. Have no idea why but the do.
  • 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    The gas pressure is slightly difference shot to shot as the bullet exits the muzzle. The flat base bullet comes out of the muzzle cleaner, the whole base is all 90 degrees to the gas vector exiting the muzzle. There is no tapered part of the base for the gases to influence sideways and ever so slightly influence differently shot to shot.