In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reloading for .40 Glock

OK, I like the Winchester white box 180 grain FMJ ammo. It costs .46 cents per round (with sales tax) at Wally World.

Just for plinkin', what is an economical load that will hit POI? I am assuming a plated 180 grain bullet at similar velocity.. but if I can't save a fair amount of cost, I'll just shoot the factory stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullet .15, primer .05 powder .03 so about a quarter each or 50% saving not counting your time. With cast bullets less than a dime.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    Bullet .15, primer .05 powder .03 so about a quarter each or 50% saving not counting your time. With cast bullets less than a dime.

What bullet????? for $.15 each?
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Berry's plated 180 gr .40 is $130.81 a thousand, delivered.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Berry's plated 180's over 4.3 grains of Titegroup in 4 different Glocks (27, two 23's, and a 35). CCI SP primers and assorted brass.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A pound of Bullseye will load more than a 1000 rounds for less than $30, primers are less $40 per 1000. Aftermarket regular rifling barrel to use cast bullets. Should pay for itself in a couple of thousand rounds.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be sure to use plated or jacketed bullets in the polygon Glock barrels. I use Berry's and find them to be very consistent and accurate enough for any casual purposes. I use 5 grains of HP-38 with the 180 flat nose, nice load in my Sigs, Beretta and Springfield.