In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hand Powder transfer container?

wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
Whats is a good way to get powder from factory container to measure without spilling?

Comments

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A funnel on the measure, or, a spout attached to the can. And using both is a good idea.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a powder drop/measure...worth every penny. Back in the day I would fill my powder dribbler with powder and use a powder measure scoop to scoop from the dribbler to get the scale close and finish with the dribbler...[:)]
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What size powder container are you using? I've only seen that to be a problem when using powder out of a keg. On second thought, I've used a properly sized plastic funnel with some of the "wide mouth" jugs that "pull down" powder came in a few times.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply. To answer a question I have both 1 & 8 lb containers of different powders.

Still new to other than shotgun loading which I have done for years. Got lee simple equipment. Yes currently spillage has been a issue. Got some small funnels and these nozzle ideas look interesting...
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 6" funnel for powder transfer; can to measure or keg to can.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I probably shouldnt even say it, but if you cant figure out how to transfer powder from one container to another without spilling, you probably shouldnt be reloading! How will you ever get grains measured properly into a casing, you are a candidate for a bad accident.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the feedback! Probably just keep dipping it.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just use a funnel from the hardware/automotive section section. Sometimes cheap things are the best tools for the job.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always better to be smart enough to ask the question, than to suffer the consequence's of blindly charging in the unknown.

I have several funnels that are repurposed, the yellow fuel dryer bottle with the bottom cut off make a nice long skinny neck.

Rub the surfaces of your plastic funnels with a dryer sheet once in a while to help with static cling.