In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Your pet 380 loads?

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
Anyone have any plinking loads you like? I haven't made my mind up on a type/grain pill to get, what would ya'll suggest? I have a bunch of Bullseye & Ramshot silhouette.

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    My dad has a Mustang that I load for, but I just use full power loads so as not to have functioning problems. the difference between plinking and serious loads is the bullet. the gun ejects both types all over the county, so it doesn't get used much.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I load 95 gr bullets with 3.5 gr of 231. I have used that load for years. It is a full power load that works well in my .380 pistols.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    It has been awhile since I have loaded up any 380, but when I did it was for a Walther PPK, I used 2.8gr of Bullseye under a Plated 100gr RNFP, cycled well and was pretty accurate too
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    3.0gr bullseye behind a 95fmj.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For plinking with a PPK and a NAA Guardian I use a Berry's 100 gr. RNHB with 2.7 grains of 700X. Be careful of overall length, get as close to factory as possible.
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    Can I use 9mm .355, if I stay in the 115gr & under range? Sorry in advance for the dumb question the only pistol I currently load is 44mag.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    D@D. 9mm (.355) bullets are fine but I would stick with 90 to 100 grain range. I have seen a Sierra reloading book with loads for their 115 grain HP but velocities are about 850 FPS, to slow for bullet expansion.