In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Favorite Air Pistol

What is your favorite air pistol,and caliber

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I rebuilt air guns for a few years. My favorite was my hand tuned Crossman 600 22 cal. If you take out the disconnector it will run full auto. All ten pellets in a ragged dime at 30 feet in 2 heart beats. It would hold CO2 for more than a year.

I have a Crossman 130 22 cal. pistol. I gave away it's big brother a 140 I hand built. It would hold 50 pumps and would shoot threw one side of a heavy steel galvanized garbage can.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Crossman Classic .177 [;)]
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    There are Plinker air pistols and then there are HIGH end air pistols used in international shooting. What type of use is this to be. For a plinker get a brand that has good service and parts supply available Daisy used to be good but I don't think they still being made Goole Air guns and pick a few of the biggest dealers ask if they have replacement parts seals wear.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Beeman 800 .177 that was a tack driver....I haven't fired it in years, the seals finally gave out and I don't know where to send it for repairs.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Riomouse911
    I have a Beeman 800 .177 that was a tack driver....I haven't fired it in years, the seals finally gave out and I don't know where to send it for repairs.

there's a fellow that is very good in Oregon, 25 or 30 miles north of Portland. He deals through the mail. If interested I can look-up his address.
  • jimmcgeh@lisco.comjimmcgeh@lisco.com Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Perry
    Just looking for a plinker.I have 3 Sheridan 5mm rifles.
    Jim
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a RWS 5g 177 cal that I have had for about 30 years.Its as good as I will ever need.
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the Daisy 700 series, 717,747,777. Easy to work on. Excellent shooters.