In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reload 380 with...

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
using Montana gold 95gr jhp, cci spp, & bullseye, ramshot silhouette. Anyone try these before? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I used bullseye in mine. Can't get much slow burning in that small case.
  • Options
    McDAccountantMcDAccountant Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've tried Bullseye in the .380, it will do fine. But, I've become a big fan of Power Pistol for both .380 and 9mm over the last few years.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, never tried Bullseye. I tried Power Pistol, WIN 238, and Unique. Unique is all I use now...but I do use CCI SP.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used B'eye, 700X and Unique in the .380 with bullets from 85 to 100 gr. All worked fine. B'eye seemed a bit dirtier than the others and Unique gives the highest power, it also has the brightest muzzle flash. I've used CCI primers for yesrs and have no complaints.
  • Options
    noyljnoylj Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Silhouette and True Blue are small grain and pack tight, so you can pack a lot in a small case.
    If you have loading data, go for it.
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by noylj
    Silhouette and True Blue are small grain and pack tight, so you can pack a lot in a small case.
    If you have loading data, go for it.

This is the load data I got from Ramshot using Montana gold 95gr jhp bullet & Silhouette powder. I'm using cci primers.

Barrel: 3.75", Twist: 1-16", Primer: WIN WSP, Bullet Diameter: 0.355"

Case: Rem ? Max Case Length: 0.680" ? Trim Length: 0.675"

Ramshot Silhouette

Bullet weight: 95 grains.

Start load: 3.7 grains (700 - 800 Fps)

Maximum load: 4.1grains (850 - 975 Fps).