In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bulk bullets

wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
Have reloaded a little but not a lot and that is the reason I am asking this question. When reloading bulk bullets from someone as Winchester or Remington is it okay to use a starting load listed for a comparable bullet (same weight, type of bullet) from a bullet manufacturer such as Sierra, Speer or one of the powder manufacturers? When I have reloaded I have always used the bullet manufacturers manual and have strictly adhered to any recipe in that book. That is the reason for this question as I have the opportunity to aquire some cor lokt and power point.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should be fine with starting loads.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Remington and Winchester used to print manuals that listed loading data for their bullets. I have some of these and if you note the cartridge/bullets I'll look them up for you.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should ALWAYS begin with the listed starting loads even for the bullets listed.
    Yes, using a starting load for a "similar" bullet--same construction(cup and core) and shape(pointed, flat base or whatever)--is considered safe and acceptable.
  • wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. I always begin with the starting load and work up, just making sure I could do it with these different bullets. Ray, thanks for the offer of help and when I receive the bullets I will be sure to contact you. Thanks again everyone for the great help.