In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shell sorter

casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering if anyone here used the "shell sorter" trays to sort brass?
are they worth it?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Range pickups: I just use coffee cans to sort into. Then I put it clean recycled freezer ziploc's
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a set, they are worth it to me.
    I watched the Safety Officers after the IDPA match yesterday divvying up the range pickup with them.
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used them for the last several years along with the optional aluminum 380 insert.
    They have really cut down on sorting time for large amounts of mixed brass.
    but they are not perfect, smaller cases do sometimes hide inside larger ones, but overall I really like to use them.
  • Options
    noyljnoylj Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sort as part of case inspection, de priming, and cleaning. Since every case must be inspected, it takes no extra time to sort.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I have a 9 year old sorter that's nearly flawless.

She used to miss a few when she was 8. [;)]

I also use ziplock 1gallon freezer bags. With a piece of notebook paper indicating contents and progress towards completion. Ie .45 acp clean, deprimed and sized.

Or .223 trimmed.

Etc.
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to sort through a 5 gallon bucket full of brass in 2 days. Now I do the same in an hour or so with my shell sorter. Wouldn't trade it for the world.