In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

USA Brass still in business?

hackley69hackley69 Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
Anyone here ever done business with this company? I placed an and paid but I have been unable to reach anyone by phone or email. If any of you guys happen to be in Bozeman Mt. would you please stop by and tell these folks I'm trying to get in touch with them?[:D][:D]

Comments

• Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the end of March the FBI/EPA supposedly raided USA brass for lead toxicity in former employees and non compliance with safety rules for exposure to lead and other things.
    I would assume that if you have not been able to contact them by email or phone they are at least temporarily suspended from business.
    If you paid by CC stop payment and get credit,

If anyone has any newer info please post it here, I am sure we all would like to know what's happening.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's kinda funny how people react when you mess with their money! I used Paypal when I placed my order and yesterday after still no responce I canceled my order. Aporox. 30 seconds later I received an email from paypal about my canceled order. While reading this email I received an email from guess who.. the CEO of USA Brass and he want to know what the problem was and how could he fix it. It almost made my head spin how fast his responce came and the order was only $150.00. So I siad to myself well someone is around and after the second ring I got an answer. The guy was very helpful saying they had been really busy and short handed. He said it normally takes them two weeks to process orders and only after they are shipped do they send a email with tracking information. So I canceled my cancelation after the guy said whould get my order together and send it out. No word yet from them but I sure all will be fine. I might add the only reason I was trying to get in touch with them so soon after placing my order was my computer locked during the order and I was wanting to make sure they had received it. I was in business for 17 years and know things just get out of wack at times but I sure everything will be fine. Sounded like good people to do business on the phone.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update:
    Well it took the whole two weeks before my order was shipped and I received the email with the tracking information. Was looking for it sooner due the the promise USA BRASS made saying they would go ahead and get my order out. But I do have to say it was shipped 2 day priority but due to USPS screwing up it took four days to get here. I don't know about you all but they are good with sending my stuff in the wrong direction! The brass was in the midsize box with the 30-30 just dumped in and the 38 & 357 brass was in a zip-lock bag. I do have to say the brass looks really nice and I'm happy with their product. So if you need brass I would recommend these guys but don't order from them unless you can wait about 3 weeks to get get your order or if you like a open line of comunicating with the folks you deal with. So all in all I would not disencourage anyone from doing business with them they did come through for me.